Unable to get EEv4 to work

That was one of my thoughts, the minimum requirement considering hardware power, but it seems a bit odd if that is the issue. You should get some sort of feedback in the installer.

My setup is a small office server running an Intel 1,8Ghz dual-core with 4GB DDR3 ram.

Tested the new 4.0.2 version, still no go :unamused:

Tried checking the ee site create --debug log, it doesn’t give you much to go on either :confounded:

feel same. i even cant load modules of PHP while run website. even on terminal service is running

And yet another release without a fix for this :unamused:

Checked Github and can see an issue reported in RC about this. Really should have been considered a blocker :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@kirtan any updates on this? If you only could get some better debug output on the 502 this probably could have been fixed already.

Should I give up on EE?

How do I debug this 502?

No let’s try to fix it. Are you able to wipe your server and boot up a fresh one, or does your host charge to do this like mine does? If you can do it (for free) can you boot up a new one, apt get update/upgrade and then try to install the latest EE, then paste all the new logs/errors here please?

If you’re using 4.0.3 or greater, you can run

ee log example.com

to see logs of that site along with

docker logs -f ee-global-nginx-proxy --since=1m

to see logs of nginx-proxy and you should be able to debug the 502.

I can not use ee log example.com since the site creation fails.

New logs after clean Ubuntu install
install.log
ee.log
docker.log

The only thing I can see as to why the site-up status fails is that the internal IP of 192.168.1.1 is resolved (this won’t work in my network, this is the IP for the hardware firewall).

Hi all,

Want to start using easyengine v4, but after reading this thread I’m not so sure anymore. Does the install issues happen on all kind of servers? Im sure there are people using v4 with no problems, correct?

Thnks

I know, I am getting a bit impatient but I haven’t gotten anywhere in almost two weeks. All the logs are public and the problem is the same as the first post in this thread (sure, some minor install hiccups has been fixed).

So, still getting the 502 Bad Gateway and the IP resolved by nginx seems odd. Can I change this?

One note to everyone that may helpful, may not for @EyesX problem but still:

Is that, if you are using cloudflare:

• Site WITH own SSL must have cloudflare SSL settings set to “Full” or you get a blank screen; and

• Site WITHOUT own SSL must have cloudflare SSL settings set to “Flexible” or you get a blank screen;

And since EE4 doing site setup, when confirming the site exists during SSL confirm stage, goes to check the site is up at a non-SSL http:// domain

SO: when setting up the site, make sure you have cloudflare SSL settings set to “Flexible” or the EE4 site site setup script will see site doesn’t resolve, and install will fail.

THEN one site is done setting up, now that SSL is active, you have to change cloudflare SSL settings set to “Full” or you yourself will get a blank screen

A little cloudflare niggle that i always forget until i see the blank screen!!

Hope this helps some folks

Also, @EyesX whose platform are you running VM on? As in my experience so far for EE4 is that not all “same” installs are equal.

In my case I use Ubuntu 18.04, currently on Vultr VPS in Sydney. I would like to use Lightsail instead but whereas Vultr VPS with 18.04 works fine for me, on Lightsail when I install a site with EE4, even though setup all says fine, only non-SSL site will work. This week.

SSL site, despite setup confirmed OK, times out. All setup process exact same as on Vultr / Lightsail. And same before on Linode for EE3. The Linode worked. The Lightsail didn’t. Shame. And still not sure why.

Running my own server, no service used.

Got you. Yeah i reckon it’s a “not all installs equal” thing. But please note I am not a real tech guy, just a plebbie tinkerer, giving my observations … rest is above my head. Hope the real talent here can help you sort your probs!!

I was really looking forward to EEv4 since i’ve been using and really appreciated EEv3. Unfortunately it feels like EEv4 would have needed some more time in development.

Thanks to the extremely short EOL and none responsive support, the solution for me is using Webinoly.

Gotta say, I’ve had a similar experience with EE4. I read the EE4 info and it looked like Ubuntu 18 was not supported, so I installed EE4 on Ubuntu 16 - it failed to install PHP. Tried multiple times.

Now I’ve tried it on Ubuntu 18 several times and I get different issues. Bad gateway issues after site creation. THAT seems to be limited to the host. I was using UpCloud. Moved to Vultr and that does not occur. But now I get different issues. Not being able to enable SSL (cannot validate challenge for domain is the error I get) or most recently, it just fails to create the site.

I love love love EE3 but really disappointed with EE4 so far so I may have to use the EE3 fork.

WordOps can be a good option. But lacks some documentation for the updates.

Again, if using cloudflare, make sure SSL for the site is set to “Flexible”, cos it validates on a http:// address, so “Full” SS setting will make pages fail to load and validation will fail. Then AFTER validation you have to put SSL to “Full”, otherwise your pages will fail to load. Basically if site has its own SSL turned on, CF has to be set to Full. If site doesn’t have own SSL turned on, CF SSL has to be “Flexible”. If wrong way round, pages don’t load. That really got me for a while.

I’m not using CF. I’ve also found that [so far], if I create the site first and then add SSL, it works okay but I should be able to do it in all one go.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.