Starting SSL verification fails

Hello,

I cannot create a site with letsencrypt. I tried the http-challenge and the dns-challenge. When I try to validate SSL letsencrypt I get the following message:

Starting SSL verification.
Warning: Failed to verify SSL: Can not validate challenge for domain www.hindrikje.nl
Warning: Check logs and retry `ee site ssl hindrikje.nl` once the issue is resolved.

The logs are:

[04-01-2019 21:13:06] ee.DEBUG: Running command: site ssl
[04-01-2019 21:13:06] ee.INFO: Starting SSL verification.
[04-01-2019 21:13:06] ee.DEBUG: Loading account keypair
[04-01-2019 21:13:06] ee.DEBUG: Starting check with solver dns
[04-01-2019 21:13:06] ee.DEBUG: Loading the authorization token for domains hindrikje.nl, www.hindrikje.nl ...
[04-01-2019 21:13:06] ee.DEBUG: Challenge loaded.
[04-01-2019 21:13:06] ee.DEBUG: Challenge loaded.
[04-01-2019 21:13:07] ee.DEBUG: Testing the challenge for domain www.hindrikje.nl
[04-01-2019 21:16:07] ee.WARNING: Failed to verify SSL: Can not validate challenge for domain www.hindrikje.nl
[04-01-2019 21:16:07] ee.WARNING: Check logs and retry `ee site ssl hindrikje.nl` once the issue is resolved.

When I run host -t TXT _acme-challenge.hindrikje.nl, I get the proper string. My DNS provider is Cloudflare. Could somebody help me fix this?

Thanks

Did you manage to solve this? I have this same issue. SSL verification fails even if running host -t TXT _acme-challenge… return the right string.

I did not. Will try to reinstall. @verry are you running debian or Ubuntu?

In my experience this is most often caused by DNS issues. See my reply to a similar question here

I’m having another problem I’m not able to install ssl with this code!

ee site create example.com --wp --letsencrypt
ee site update example.com --letsencrypt

It says that these codes are not written by ee

That’s because V4 is using different parameters. Please read the documentations.

Thanks, I’ll verify.

I tested but unfortunately it is not working.

# Create WordPress site with ssl from letsencrypt
$ ee site create example.com --type=wp --ssl=le

You have to run it as sudo:

sudo ee site create example.com --type=wp --ssl=le

:grinning: was this I had forgotten now gave certain thanks for reminding friend.
I used sudo su ee site create example.com --type=wp --ssl=le

I think you’re supposed to have 2 TXT records for the acme challenge. I got two when I created multisite wildcard SSL.

On Ubuntu. Verification still failing even if everything is propagated. :frowning:

Who’s your DNS provider? CloudFlare works almost instantly when changing records.

I’m using cloudflare as well…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.