Problem connecting to site!

Ubuntu 18.04.1, new install, easyengine installed fine as far as I can tell.
When trying to create a website I’m getting this error.
sudo ee site create ******* --type=wp
[sudo] password for :
Configuring project.
Creating WordPress site *******
Copying configuration files.
Starting site’s services.
Downloading and configuring WordPress.
Host entry already exists.
Checking and verifying site-up status. This may take some time.

Warning: Problem connecting to site!
Warning: Initiating clean-up.
[
] Docker Containers removed.
[
*****] site root removed.
Site ****** deleted.

Hi Jimmy, I noticed that this often happens to me if EasyEngine can’t verify the DNS record of this site.

Ensure you have an A record setup pointing to the server you are hosting on. Then wait untill your DNS change propagates.

To test run this on the terminal of your server:

Ping yourwordpressdomain.com
You should see the IP address of your server. If not you have a problem with the DNS setup mentioned above or the change has not yet become effective.

I pinged it both from the terminal and from a remote location, and both hit the proper IP.

@Jimmy_Parish Can you please send your logs to [email protected]? We’ll take a look to figure out what is the issue.

Files sent, Thanks.

Any news on this?

have you tried

ee site reload yoursite.com

This restarts PHP and NGINX

There is no site to reload, after the installation fails EasyEngine deletes it.

Update: I installed the site using the --skip-check switch and the install went through fine. When I try to access the site I’m getting a 502 bad gateway error in nginx which was also why the check was failing. if I try to run any nginx commands they don’t work because it says that nginx needs to be installed.

@Jimmy_Parish Now it’s time to run this command I referenced above. I got the same issue before on a fresh install with a new site. Everything worked for me after running:

ee site reload youriste.com

Ran ee site reload (my domain) and got the following error:

Reloading nginx
Error response from daemon: Container 89a0cb3f8e2fd2cf054704bc55bf39b4e0e9834afeee26a3c8da14d4a66f2d43 is restarting, wait until the container is running
Reloading php

Tried restarting the above docker container with docker restart and it appeared to work (no errors) but when I ran the ee site reload command again I got the same error as above.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.