phpMyadmin on ubuntu14.04

hi does anyone facing this issue. newly ubuntu 14.04 then install ee install stack --phpMyAdmin everything works fine but showing the massage when trying to access pma

File ./vendor/autoload.php missing or not readable. Most likely you did not run Composer to install library files.

Im having the same when im trying to run phpmyadmin on the browser.

phpmyadmin 4.7.0 somehow changed a bit

here is my way to fix, copy paste all then press Enter, next press y when asked:

sudo rm -rf /var/www/22222/htdocs/db/pma && \
cd /var/www/22222/htdocs/db/ && \
sudo php -r "copy('https://getcomposer.org/installer', 'composer-setup.php');" && \
sudo php -r "if (hash_file('SHA384', 'composer-setup.php') === '669656bab3166a7aff8a7506b8cb2d1c292f042046c5a994c43155c0be6190fa0355160742ab2e1c88d40d5be660b410') { echo 'Installer verified'; } else { echo 'Installer corrupt'; unlink('composer-setup.php'); } echo PHP_EOL;" && \
sudo php composer-setup.php && \
sudo php -r "unlink('composer-setup.php');" && \
sudo php composer.phar create-project phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin --repository-url=https://www.phpmyadmin.net/packages.json --no-dev && \
sudo mv phpmyadmin pma && \
sudo chown www-data:www-data -R pma
2 Likes

My way to fix it:

sudo apt-get install composer -y
cd /var/www/22222/htdocs/db/pma
composer
sudo chown www-data: * -R
3 Likes

Actually, perhaps you need a sudo before composer.

corrected: composer install

sudo apt-get install composer -y cd /var/www/22222/htdocs/db/pma sudo composer install sudo chown www-data: * -R

7 Likes

thanks guys, i use siprof ways

tq

I keep getting an unable to locate composer package when I try and install. This is the first time in like 20 servers that I have had this issue. EE setup properly, just PMA I cannot access. I prefer not to install lots of extra packages outside of EE if I can avoid it. Did something change in EE that would cause it not to add the composer repos? Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

1 Like

I recommend Adminer

I also had the same issues.

I tried with above line and it work perfect now.

Thank you so much guys…

kudos, this helped :slight_smile: anyways, @portofacil, you’d have written it complete. :wink:

thanks! :slight_smile:

@yusuf81 Thank you, worked perfectly.

Installer corrupt Could not open input file: composer-setup.php

i am getting this message please help

Installer corrupt Could not open input file: composer-setup.php i am getting this error after following your procedure please help

Getting this error please help

Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1 - Installation request for phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock 4.1.1 -> satisfiable by phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock[4.1.1]. - phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock 4.1.1 requires php ^7.0 -> your PHP version (5.6.32) does not satisfy that requirement. Problem 2 - phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock 4.1.1 requires php ^7.0 -> your PHP version (5.6.32) does not satisfy that requirement. - phpspec/prophecy v1.7.2 requires phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock ^2.0|^3.0.2|^4.0 -> satisfiable by phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock[4.1.1]. - Installation request for phpspec/prophecy v1.7.2 -> satisfiable by phpspec/prophecy[v1.7.2].

Run this

sudo rm -rf /var/www/22222/htdocs/db/pma cd /var/www/22222/htdocs/db sudo apt-get install composer -y git clone https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git pma cd pma composer update sudo chown www-data: * -R

after that you need to change the root password of mysql in the config.inc.php in pma folder

check your root password here /etc/mysql/conf.d/my.cnf

This is What I did!

Because I’ve learn after doing the instructions from @siprof It will del the pma folder, even if it errors out. Then when trying to use @portofacil instructions, it will error out because it can’t now find the PMA folder. So do this:

Make sure PhpMyAdmin is installed. If using EasyEngine the command would be:

ee stack install --phpmyadmin

This would install PhpmyAdmin into your: /var/www/22222/htdocs/db/pma directory.

Next. Use @portofacil instructions:

Paste line by line:

sudo composer install
sudo composer install
1 Like

Full Instructions to get PHPMyAdmin Working

Make sure PhpMyAdmin is installed. If using EasyEngine the command would be:

ee stack install --phpmyadmin

This would install PhpmyAdmin into your: /var/www/22222/htdocs/db/pma directory.

Paste line by line:

sudo composer install

So you want to goto IP followed by the “:” and “/db/pma”. (example: 10.10.10.10:22222/db/pma/) Do not use Chrome, use Safari and skip and by pass the https security process.

Use EE http user/pass for the popup. If you have forgotten it, run the command to change:

ee secure —auth

Once you get to PhpMyAdmin Login page. You can log into with your root credentials. If you have forgotten it, reset by using the following commands. Make sure to go line by line:

Stop the MySQL server:

service mysql stop

Restart the MySQL server with the —skip-grant-tables option. To do this, type the following command:

mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &

mysql

At the mysql> prompt, reset the password. To do this, type the following command, replacing NEW-PASSWORD-HERE with the new root password:

UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('NEW-PASSWORD-HERE’) WHERE User='root';

At the mysql> prompt, type the following commands:

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

exit;

Stop the MySQL server using the following command. You will be prompted to enter the new MySQL root password before the MySQL server shuts down:

mysqladmin -u root -p shutdown

Start the MySQL server normally.

service mysql start

OK, you should now have evrything you need to access PHPMyAdmin!

Hello,

it will probably be better to download composer from official repository, because packages are most of time outdated (1.6.3 from APT repository on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, when current composer release is 1.7.1).

You can install composer just by running :

curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php
mv composer.phar /usr/bin/composer

And phpmyadmin can be installed by running :

sudo -u www-data -H composer update -d /var/www/22222/htdocs/db/pma/

But if you have forgotten MySQL root password, you do not need to reset it, MySQL credentials are available in /etc/mysql/conf.d/my.cnf