Lightbox Comment and Like button do not work

even with default theme... this upgrade has caused a ton of grey hair. I almost wish I hadn't even done it, but I feel stuck in the mess right now.

Hi,

Lightbox comment and like are pure ajax based features and they seem to be working fine on all our tests and demos. This could be due to some jQuery error from another plugin. Could you paste a url, so we could check it out?

Regards.

I would be happy to PM you or email you a link to my site. Please let me know how.

I'm having the same problem. http://z-artgalleries.silvrlak.com/members/Z-Art/activity/

I’m getting the following error where the comment/favorites/like sits on the right-side of the media lightbox window:

function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/sfc/public_html/site/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/media/RTMediaUserInteraction.php on line 156

This error shows up three times, and then the “LIKE” button shows up. Any ideas to fix this so I can show comments and more on the lightbox window?

Thanks,

Jason

@All

We haven’t faced such issue with lightbox popup. May be some other plugin and/or theme is creating an issue.
I can suggest you to try it by deactivate plugins one by one and use WordPress default theme (for time being) and if problem still exist, let us know, so we can cross check those issues.

Thanks,
–Nitun

HI @Nitun I tested again using the default theme and both the Lightbox Comment and Like button do not work. The Like button will just hang with the radial progress going in circles and the Comment button doesn’t do anything and the comment remains in the box.

@ksoup
Have you tried by deactivating other plugins and theme? The lightbox is working fine. You can see our demo site http://demo.rtcamp.com/bpm-media/members/admin/media/photo/

@andigraphix
On your site when I open lightbox, there are number of errors in console (see the attached image), please try by deactivating other plugins/theme.

@jay777sin that error still present on your site? Or its fixed with latest rtMedia release…

Let me know its working or not for all of you.

Attachment Link(s):

http://rtcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/topics/42374/2013/07/Selection_051.png

@Nitun :slight_smile: I turned off all plugins and still have issues.
I did an inspect element > Console and get the following
Lightbox (inspected) Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) - http://mywebsite/mediagallery/like/

Same for comment :slight_smile:
POST http://mysite/mediagallery/comment/ 404 (Not Found) jquery.js:2
send jquery.js:2
v.extend.ajax jquery.js:2
(anonymous function) rtMedia.backbone.js:489
v.event.dispatch jquery.js:2
o.handle.u jquery.js:2
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

@ksoup i checked and its all working fine.

and your url is wrong, it should be …/media/233/like/

please update plugin and let me know.

if not working then mail me your site access to [email protected]

Where do you set that? It isn’t an option in the settings for rtMedia

I tried adding another page with just media for the slug and i get an oops error

Media Gallery

Oops !! There’s no media found for the request !!

@ksoup it is not an option, it is default behaviour.

if someone click on like/comment then url should be like /media/233/like/ or /media/233/comment/.

we already use media slug with profile and other actions, your page is conflicting with our rewrite rules that why its throwing 404 page.

please try to use other slug.

I tried adding another page with just media for the slug and i get an oops error

Media Gallery

Oops !! There’s no media found for the request !!

@faishal … I am not understanding you … if this is default behavior I cannot make the change you asked me to. If the url is wrong, and it is not in the settings for a manual correction, it must be picking it up from the code … mediagallery is the slug I use for the Media Gallery shortcode page. There is nothing to set for those links.
I put in this bug report to show you that the reason why my lightbox comment and like don’t work (on my mediagallery page), is because it appears to be using the slug “mediagallery” and not “media”
So, how do I get the lightbox to not use “mediagallery” and to properly use “media” if it isn’t in the settings.
So that when you click on the like or the comment you don’t get
/mediagallery/233/like/ or /mediagallery/233/comment/.
but you do get /media/233/like/ or /media/233/comment/.

@ksoup it is not an option, it is default behaviour.

if someone click on like/comment then url should be like
if someone click on like/comment then url should be like /media/233/like/ or /media/233/comment/.

we already use media slug with profile and other actions, your page is conflicting with our rewrite rules that why its throwing 404 page.

please try to use other slug.

I haven’t heard more on how to resolve this… @nitun

@ksoup
can you please check Demo. here we use shortcode in post.

@faishal I just looked at your demo link and I don’t see the like or comment at all on the lightbox popup.

@ksoup Make sure you must logged in demo site.