How to add PHP module to EE site

Hi there,

EE is a great tool for running such stuff like wordpress. But it may become a nightmare for people like me who not familiar with docker stuff to run smth else.

My composer project requires pdo_mysql module and list of preinstalled php modules https://easyengine.io/handbook/internal/php-modules/ obviously is missing it. May be someone more experienced with docker can tell how to add it?

Needless to say that I installed that module as sudo on my vps but didn’t change anything :smile:
Now I got it - must to run ee shell mydomain and run composer there, right? And there is no pdo_mysql module :robot:

Hey @Solaris, I have created a PR in easyengine dockerfiles repo which will add support for pdo_mysql :slight_smile:

You’ll have to wait for it to merge. I think it will get merged soon and it will be available in next release itself!

Till the PR is reviewed and merged. You can apply a temporary fix as mentioned in this GH issue like:

ee shell example.com --command='docker-php-ext-install pdo_mysql' --user=root

This will install pdo_mysql extension.

PHP Exif module

Great news, guys! Thanks a lot.

Incase you apply the temporary fix mentioned by @mrrobot47 , just remember it will get undone when you enable/disable the site or admin tools on the site. In that case, you’ll have to run the command again.

Yeah, I red discussion on github and would keep it in mind waiting for new release.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.