Change upload path using RTMediaUploadFile.php

I am trying to change the upload path of images, particularly rename the “user” folder that is automatically generated in the “rtmedia” directory. I came across this topic here and noticed the user mentioned the RTMediaUploadFile.php. I was able to locate this file on my server but I am not sure what the folder structure should be when I add this edited file to my child theme. I have tried quite a few combinations but to no avail. The only thing that actually worked was editing the core file in the plugin. I know this is not a good practice as plugins do update but can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Hello @seanmac,

Yes, to rename /users/ folder in the upload directory structure, you can try the sample code mentioned in below document:

I hope it will help you.

Thank you.

Yes! Thank you very much for your assistance and have a great day!

Hmmm, for some strange reason this code is not working - at least not completely. I can indeed rename the “users” folder but no images are uploading in the folder created with the user’s id. The images don’t even show on the backend.

Hello @seanmac,

We have updated the sample code in the document. Please once try placing the new code and let us know if you still face any issue.

Thank you.

The updated code works perfectly! Thanks again for your help!

Hello @seanmac,

We are glad to know that your issue has been solved.

I am closing this thread now.

Thank you, Pranali