WPMU and Nginx Setup Errors Need Help for Fix!

Hi rtcamp,

I recently installed nginx and wpmu but I got this error when I tried to use different theme.

Notice: add_custom_background is deprecated since version 3.4! Use add_theme_support( 'custom-background', $args ) instead. in /home/guy/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638 Notice: get_bloginfo was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.2! The siteurl option is deprecated for the family of bloginfo() functions. Use the url option instead. in /home/guy/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722    
Notice: Use of undefined constant smallbiz_layout_extra_options - assumed 'smallbiz_layout_extra_options' in /home/guy/public_html/wp-content/themes/smallbiz/functions.php on line 1574 Notice: Undefined index: page_image in /home/guy/public_html/wp-content/themes/smallbiz/functions.php on line 1632 Notice: Undefined index: map in /home/guy/public_html/wp-content/themes/smallbiz/functions.php on line 1653 Notice: Undefined index: omit_pages in /home/guy/public_html/wp-content/themes/smallbiz/functions.php on line 1663 Notice: Undefined variable: page in /home/guy/public_html/wp-content/themes/smallbiz/functions.php on line 1685.  

Needing help on how to fix this. And also is it possible to use nginx and apache at the same time. If possible how can I set up that?

Hoping for your quick response. Thanks.

cowlick

@cowlick

Above are simple notices generated because of poor PHP programming. You can ignore them (they are not harmful) or simply use a better theme.

Above error do not indicate any issues with Nginx. So no need to worry.

Let me know if I missed any part that you were expecting me to address.

Hi again rtcamp,

If i have a poor php programming can you help me how can setup my php so that I can avoid these errors?
And is it possible to enable apache and nginx at the same time? If its possible how can I setup that?

Thanks in advance.
Really appreciate it.

cowlick

If i have a poor php programming can you help me how can setup my php so that I can avoid these errors?

Sorry I won’t be able to help with that. Just Google for PHP/WordPress coding standards.

A quick tip - always check if a variable has any value assigned before attempting to use it. isset() etc calls.

And is it possible to enable apache and nginx at the same time? If its possible how can I setup that?

Yes. You can run them on different port. Only one of them will run on port 80.

Google for more details as we have stopped using Apache since long time.