WP Import .json files fails

Having an issue with a brand new WP 4.5.3 install. I installed Divi theme and trying to upload some .json files for some resource backups and getting a failure notice.

No other themes, or plugins installed. Verified that it is not a file size issue I can upload other files to the media library just fine.

only did a --wp on the install, so nginx, php5.6, mariadb

Here is the error I get nearly instantly. This file cannot be imported. It may be caused by file_uploads being disabled in your php.ini. It may also be caused by post_max_size or/and upload_max_filesize being smaller than file selected. Please increase it or transfer more substantial data at the time.

Got it, thanks!

I can upload the .json file to the media library so it may be Divi related, but cross posting here for some assitance.

David

Hi did yu manage to get to the bottom of this i am having the same issue.

I have gotten so frustrated with Divi that I just stopped using it all together. I found it slow, and unstable compared with Elementor or Genesis. I also have no import issues with other page builders only Divi.

The following error may be received if you attempt to upload a theme or file larger than the default of 2MB… “This file cannot be imported. It may be caused by file_uploads being disabled in your php.ini. It may also be caused by post_max_size or/and upload_max_filesize being smaller than file selected. Please increase it or transfer more substantial data at the time.” You may increase your upload limit from within your control panel’s main menu via the “Select PHP Version” icon, then “PHP Options”. Increasing both the upload_max_filesize and the post_max_size tends to fix these upload issues.