Hey everyone… here’s a multi-part question
- When I install WP with --wpfc option…
- WHy is W3TC plugin installed? Does this need to be active for nginx cache to work?
- When I check phpinfo(), i see that memcache is installed. Same question as #1
- I want to run PHP7 + opcache… phpinfo states “Zend Engine v3.0.0… Zend OPcache v7.0.14-2+deb.sury.org~xenial+1”… does this mean it’s correctly stated?
- I am confused as to different caching layers. It is my understanding that to improve the performance of WP, there are these layers
- CDN (which I am using cloudflare)
- php7 cache (converting php to binaries)
- database cache (which i thought redis / memcache is suppose to be)
- browser cache (which i thought nginx cache is supposed to be)
If I am not using nginx cache, do I even need to manually set these as I see them in W3TC plugin settings?
I ask because during the WP installation, i get this message:
Page Cache: Disable Database Cache: Memcached Object Cache: Memcached Browser Cache: Disable
AM I supposed to ignore these messages?
PS: w3tc is great but it’s got WAY too many options for most users