When I activate I get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/content/t/g/a/tgarmon032071/html/mydomain/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/includes/bp-media-class-wordpress.php on line 397

Sorry for the issue you have faced. We added some PHP 5.3 specific codes which means plugin wil break on WordPress sites running PHP 5.2 or prior.

We will ship a new minor release 2.2.1 within 48-hours to address this issue.

Update: Please update to new version 2.2.1. Its live now.

Sorry again for inconvenience.

Still broken. Now when installing I get

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/content/t/g/a/tgarmon032071/html/mydirectory/wp-includes/query.php on line 27

Site completely crashed and I have to delete plugin via FTP. I am on Godaddy hosting

wp-includes/query.php is a wordpress core file.

Looks like your WordPress is not properly uploaded. Please contact GoDaddy support or upload a fresh copy of WordPress.

Also, I am assuming you are using new version 2.2.1 for BuddyPress media.

wp-includes/query.php is a wordpress core file.

Looks like your WordPress is not properly uploaded. Please contact GoDaddy support or upload a fresh copy of WordPress.

Also, I am assuming you are using new version 2.2.1 for BuddyPress media.

This plugin worked perfectly until the upgrade. My wordpress is functioning fine with the exception of your recent upgrade. GOdaddyis running PHP 5

PHP5 has many sub-versions.

Our last release was not supporting PHP 5.2 and older which is fixed now.

Try uploading plugin again in case its not completely uploaded. A small raw fix is to rename plugins folder using FTP and then go to /wp-admin >> Plugins menu to deactivate them.

Also, if you are using any caching plugin like W3 Total Cache, then you may need to clear cache.

Latest version 2.2.1 is working fine as confirmed by other users (they also faced issue like you in the morning)

By the way, if current issue would have related to BuddyPress Media, then you might have seen /home/content/t/g/a/tgarmon032071/html/mydomain/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/ path in error message.

I have contacted Godaddy. I am running 5.2 They are working to correct that scripting error. Thank you for your help.

Glad to know that. :slight_smile:

First error you have posted was related to PHP 5.2 issue. This is the only thing that was fixed in BuddyPress Media version 2.2.1