Video Upload from iPhone IOS6

I appreciate all the help you are giving me on this site. I think we are getting closer to where I need to be. However, I encountered another problem today. I want to be able to allow users to upload a video, but also to post a link to a video - for example a YouTube video. Your plugin takes care of the uploading, but doesn’t give me the option for a link to YouTube. So, I installed another plugin - buddy press activity plus (http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/media-embeds-for-buddypress-activity/). This allows me to post a link, but it seems to be incompatible with your plugin. When I try to post a link when your plugin is activated, it won’t do it. When I deactivate your plugin, the link post works fine. How can I get my site set up so we can upload videos and post links to YouTube, Vimeo, etc.?

pwhitty wrote:
I appreciate all the help you are giving me on this site. I think we are getting closer to where I need to be.

Glad to know that we are close now. :slight_smile:

pwhitty wrote:
How can I get my site set up so we can upload videos and post links to YouTube, Vimeo, etc.?

In future version, we will be adding option to embed remote media (like we do on facebook)

For now, we will check why you are not able to use 2 plugins together. If we find any issue in our code, we will fix it immediately so that you can use 2 plugins together.

@pwhitty: BuddyPress already support embedding of many popular video sites’ links including Vimeo and YouTube, still if you want to share the videos you’ve uploaded on the BuddyPress site, you’ll simply have to copy and paste your video’s link from your site.

I can’t see any way to put a YouTube or Vimeo link in BuddyPress without a plugin. Can you tell me how to do this? Also, when will you fix the problem with Buddy Press Activity Plus? As a suggestion, It would be helpful to have the media upload options under the Activity tab.

@pwhitty: well just copy and paste the youtube link in the status message and click update status and it gets embedded

pwhitty wrote:
It would be helpful to have the media upload options under the Activity tab.

Actually, that feature is already there in codes but wasn’t active because it needs “album” support. Hopefully it will be live by next Monday. :slight_smile:

Hello,
I’m following up to see if you have fixed the incompatibility with buddy press activity plus plugin and activated the features referred to in the above post. Thank you.

As far as copying-pasting video link, BuddyPress automatically handles it.

For uploading media from activity-box (status update), the feature will be live anytime within 48-hours. We are working on finishing touch. :slight_smile:

It looks like you still can’t upload media from the Activity stream. Will this be functional soon?

It was planned in version 2.2 but because of some issue pulled-down lat last minute. We have moved it to version 2.4 now so it will take minium 20 days more.

v2.2. released with user-album support. v2.3 will have group-media and group-albums and then in v2.4 upload-media-from-activity will be added for user-wall & group-wall at once.

Sorry for this change in plan but it was inevitable.