Upload link doesn't work with BP default theme

I’m using the latest versions of WP, BP, rtmedia plugin & Xphoria theme http://themeforest.net/item/xphoria-buddypress-theme/6142548.
When I click the upload link under the buddypress profile media tab; it doesn’t show media upload area. First I thought this issue is coming from the theme. But same thing is happened with the Buddypress default theme. Anyway, I would like to verify from your end; whether this is a plugin issue or not, before contact the theme author.

Note : I tested this in a multisite enabled environment.

I’m back,

Again I tested this with a fresh copy of WP, BP, rtmedia & Xphoria theme with multisite. This time when I click the Upload link, media upload area is displayed. But when I add an image, it doesn’t add to album. But image is displayed in buddypress activity stream. Same thing was happened to mp3 and mp4 also. Still I couldn’t figure out where is the problem.

Hello @chathuranga.

We are not able to replicate the issue that you are facing at our end. Can you please provide link and access to your site so that we can have a look into it. You can send me an email at [email protected].

Hi Pushpak,

Thank you very much for your reply. Meanwhile I asked about this issue from the theme authors end. He replied me yesterday as add this code to functions.php.

function rtmedia_main_template_include($template, $new_rt_template) {  
        return get_page_template();  
}  
add_filter('rtmedia_main_template_include', 'rtmedia_main_template_include', 20, 2);

Now it is working without any issue.

But first time this issue was happened with BP default theme, I guess it may be a kind of cache problem, not a rtmedia plugin issue. I’m informing this to you only for your reference and no need to continue this thread further.

Thanks.

Hello @chathuranga,

We are glad your issue is resolved. And yes, it is not a rtMedia issue. We also created a doc regarding the same yesterday. You can check it here : https://rtcamp.com/rtmedia/docs/developer/templating-system/theme-media-tab/

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further issues.

Thank you.