Unable to set Php Max Memory Limit

Hello there!

When checking the woocommerce system status page, it tells me that my website is allowed to use 40 MB max memory for php scripts.

However I set the max memory to 1024MB in /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini like so memory_limit = 1024M

I restarted php by running restart php5-fpm and just in case also restarted nginx.

I also added the max memory definition line to my wp-config.php: define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

However also after clearing caches and all the status page still tells me that only 40 MB are allowed to use. I set up a second server for a client and over there the settings work just fine. What could be the culprit on my own server?

Any help appreciated!

Sas

You create a .user.ini file in htdocs folder, and put what you want into it.

And you must add define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘64M’ ); before “Stop…” in wp-config.php

Max php memory limit in EE setting is 128MB.

Hi hiepbg!

Thanks for your answer!

1. Added a .user.ini however this isn’t really necessary. I know that since php version 5.3 there is the directory based possiblity to add a user.ini to a certan directory to have special php.ini settings installed, but the global settings from /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini should still apply, when not using a user.ini.

2. As stated in my initial post, I added that deifinition line in my wp-config.php already.

3. Which ee settings do you mean? Which file would that be? Thanks for answering!

I fixed it. Somehow there was a small typo in my wp-config.php that had slipped through although double- and triplechecking entries… To get the correct memory limit set correctly you should use define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

instead of

define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

Thanks for help!