Unable to make imagemagick work with EE V4 server

I tried to install imagemagick library using apt install php-imagick php-gd and also restarted all containers. As php is installed on host, I installed imagick on host itself.
Please help me make use for imagick lib for my site tools. Its not working the way it should.

Although PHP is installed on host, it is used only to run EasyEngine commands and not the site! Each site has it’s own PHP container. To get access to a site’s PHP container, run:

ee shell example.com

Here if you run

php -m

You’ll see imagick in the list. EE4 installs and enables imagick extension by default on all sites and you need not do anything to make ImageMagic work.

I guess freetype library is is not installed and enabled. If I install and enable freetype module in the existing docker file, will newer versions of EEV4 overwrite the container? I believe it will.
As then the issues I currently face will not be resolved permanently.
Kindly advice how I should move forward.

If I install and enable freetype module in the existing docker file, will newer versions of EEV4 overwrite the container? I believe it will.
As then the issues I currently face will not be resolved permanently.

Correct. To solve this particular issue, I request you to wait for a few days for the next easyengine version which will fix this issue. This issue’s PR has already been merged.

You just need to update to latest EE version once it’s released and your issue will be fixed :slight_smile: