Unable to get EEv4 to work

Gotta say, I’ve had a similar experience with EE4. I read the EE4 info and it looked like Ubuntu 18 was not supported, so I installed EE4 on Ubuntu 16 - it failed to install PHP. Tried multiple times.

Now I’ve tried it on Ubuntu 18 several times and I get different issues. Bad gateway issues after site creation. THAT seems to be limited to the host. I was using UpCloud. Moved to Vultr and that does not occur. But now I get different issues. Not being able to enable SSL (cannot validate challenge for domain is the error I get) or most recently, it just fails to create the site.

I love love love EE3 but really disappointed with EE4 so far so I may have to use the EE3 fork.

WordOps can be a good option. But lacks some documentation for the updates.

Again, if using cloudflare, make sure SSL for the site is set to “Flexible”, cos it validates on a http:// address, so “Full” SS setting will make pages fail to load and validation will fail. Then AFTER validation you have to put SSL to “Full”, otherwise your pages will fail to load. Basically if site has its own SSL turned on, CF has to be set to Full. If site doesn’t have own SSL turned on, CF SSL has to be “Flexible”. If wrong way round, pages don’t load. That really got me for a while.

I’m not using CF. I’ve also found that [so far], if I create the site first and then add SSL, it works okay but I should be able to do it in all one go.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.