Unable to create WP site - unable to download wp core

Hi all

When I try using the ee site create example.com --wp command, I’m receiving the same error each time. I’ve previously created several sites on the same server, but now I’m seeing this:

Starting site creation.
Configuring project.
Creating WordPress site example.com
Copying configuration files.
Starting site's services.
Downloading and configuring WordPress.
**Error:** Unable to download wp core.
**Warning:** Couldn't connect to global-db:3306 or there was issue in `wp config create`. Please check logs.
**Warning:** Initiating clean-up.
[example.com] Docker Containers removed.
[example.com] site root removed.
Site example.com deleted.

Obviously I’ve replaced my domain with example.com here, that’s not what I ran!

I’ve seen previous threads regarding this which didn’t get much traction, can anyone offer any suggestions to a non-expert user?

Thanks

I appears that you are using the older EEv3 command structure on a newer EEv4 server. There would not be any docker containers called global-db if you were still on v3.

The proper command is new

sudo ee site create example.com --type=wp

See this page for a complete list of options https://easyengine.io/commands/site/create/#ee-site-create-typewp

1 Like

Hi there, any news on this? As of yesterday, everything was working just fine. But now, I can’t install a new site, no matter what I change in the command line.

This is what Im using:
Digital Ocean, trying different droplets ubuntu 16 and 18.

Command:
ee site create example.com --type=wp --title=Title --locale=pt_BR --ssl=le [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] --admin-pass=MyPass

Result:
Starting site creation.
Configuring project.
Creating WordPress site example.com
Copying configuration files.
Starting site’s services.
Downloading and configuring WordPress.
Error: Unable to download wp core.
Warning: Couldn’t connect to global-db:3306 or there was issue in wp config create. Please check logs.
Warning: Initiating clean-up.
[example.com] Docker Containers removed.
[example.com] site root removed.

2 Likes

I’m in the same situation, i’v also tested the command:
ee site create example.com --type=wp --skip-content --skip-install --skip-status-check --cache with the same result.

1 Like

I’ve found a solution with a little help from my friends. Try upgrading old packages using apt upgrade. A reboot might be necessary. After that, try running the ee site create again. Locale might still be an issue, but after removing it, all went well.

1 Like

@freedog96150 thanks for the helpful reply - I ended up rebooting the server and trying several times, eventually it ran successfully with no change in the command.

James

I ended up managing to create a site successfully with no change - I rebooted a few times and kept trying, eventually it worked. I’ve carried out the apt upgrade command as suggested and quite a lot did update, so hopefully that helps for any future sites.

Thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.