Twitter button not firing

Hiya,

Just installed RTSocial on two blogs - geeknative.com and another. I thought I had tested but there's always one thing. The Tweet button does not seem to fire when pressed in Chrome on a Nexus 7 on Geek Native (response design).

Any thoughts?

Hi Andrew,

We are currently looking into this issue on nexus 7 chrome. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Suhas

Hi andrew,

Although, we don’t have access to a Nexus 7, we’ve tested the plugin on ICS 4.0.4 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 and things seem to work.

However, till a few hours ago, we had a bug in the code, for the tweet button. Probably that could be a reason for your issue. We’ve fixed that and a few more things and released an updated 2.1. Could you update and let us know if that fixes things for you?

Cheers!

Hiya,

The problem persists. However, I cannot recreate it with Chrome on my Android phone. I’ve had the button tested by a friend with a Nexus 7 and he hasn’t encountered any problems.

I’ve quite aggressive caching in place (Cloudflare and a local plugin) and its possible my Nexus 7 is hanging on to the old code - however, I believe the issue may not be strictly button related. The problem could be with how the Nexus 7 reacts to Twitter URLs (typically asking whether the user wants to progress in Chrome or switch to a Twitter app).

Given that the test of the new code passed clean on at least one Nexus 7 I’d be happy for you guys to mark this as solved. I’ll keep you in the loop if I pick up any other reports of Android devices struggling.