Tutorial for setting up outbound email

Hi, I’m pretty comfortable setting up servers as hosts now, but I have a lot of trouble configuring outbound emails, so that the sites can send emails (like password resets or notifications). I have an SES (Amazon’s SMTP service) account that works, and have successfully configured Postfix in the past, but I thought that installing the mail stack would at least let WP send emails using PHP Mail.

Is there a documentation page or tutorial showing best practices, and whether or not I even need to install the mail stack (I don’t care about IMAP or POP or incoming mail, just the ability to easily and reliably send outbound messages from the sites).

Thanks

1 Like

This was the main reason i went away from easyengine, because setting up email become such a nightmare and even with a few years of wordpress experience, was an impossible task.

I’ve figured out how to make it happen but I’m pretty sure I’m not doing it the best way I could, and it definitely takes some sophisticated tweaking of Postfix and its configuration files to make it work. And after all is said and done I am still not sure I’m doing it right.

I’ve tried installing the EE mail stack but that seems to be more of client inbox stuff, if I’m not mistaken.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.