Trying to format buddypress activity comments

which file or loop can i edit to format comments in bp activity to look like image below, basically (like on FB) want to have user name and his comment on one line,

Hello gregmc,

For customize activity comments, You need to make changes in comment.php.

Find this file in Inspirebook -> buddypress -> activity -> comment.php

Let me know for further assistance.

Thanks

thank you not “coming right”… line 24…

<!--<div class="acomment-meta">-->
		<?php
		/* translators: 1: user profile link, 2: user name, 3: activity permalink, 4: activity timestamp */
//printf( __( '<a href="%1$s">%2$s</a> replied <a href="%3$s" class="activity-time-since"><span class="time-since">%4$s</span></a>', 'InspireBook' ), bp_get_activity_comment_user_link(), bp_get_activity_comment_name(), bp_get_activity_comment_permalink(), bp_get_activity_comment_date_recorded() );
		printf( __( '<div><a class="rtp-name" href="%1$s">%2$s</a>', 'InspireBook' ), bp_get_activity_comment_user_link(), bp_get_activity_comment_name() );
		?> <span class="acomment-content rtp-acomment-content"><?php bp_activity_comment_content(); ?></span></div>
        <!--</div>-->

bp_activity_comment_content() seems to render or wrap the comment with a <p> and </p> which is causing the line break, i am trying to avoid… not sure how to remove the <p></p>

Hi Gregmc,

Try following lines of code to remove P tag.

<div class="acomment-content rtp-acomment-content">
    <?php
         remove_filter( 'bp_get_activity_content', 'wpautop' );
         echo bp_get_activity_comment_content();
         add_filter( 'bp_get_activity_content', 'wpautop' );
    ?>
</div>

Or if you just want to make text in one like. you can use CSS property display: inline-blok to that p tag.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks