Strange Errors Being Thrown Up in Logs

I use Easy Engine with Nginx and it works amazingly well. However I have noticed these errors pop up sometimes:

2015/04/20 05:19:11 [error] 2327#0: *18939 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 93.103.30.28, server: server.com, request: "GET /url/path/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:8000", host: "www.server.com", referrer: "http://www.server.com/url/path/"

Any idea what they could be? Some searching by me found that they appear when the site is down, but my site is up 100%.

It is very highly trafficked though, so I thought it might be that some connection limit was being reached? I get around 1,500 concurrents according to Google Analytics.

Are you running HHVM?

I had such kind of messages in one of my servers precisely because HHVM service stopped, but the website was fine online because of php5-fpm fallback.

Thank you were right, I turned off HHVM and the errors were not shown anymore.

It’s weird though, I was getting about one error every 5 seconds. If HHVM was completely down I would have expected several every second…

Maybe HHVM was up and working, but failing/dropping for only some connections?

Hi @mdotk

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: