Soon Redis in EE?

Well, I just learned from Github, that maybe you will implement Redis in the future release but you don’t have any other mean to cache the database.

I’m new to the redis stuff, I just installed it on my server and the WP plugin too. BUT, so you know, W3TC needs to be updated soon as it gives error to Redis and memcache and HHVM. Example bellow for redis:

[Fri Nov 14 17:43:43 2014] [hphp] [1734:7f221cbff700:1:000001] [] \nWarning: Parameter 1 to W3_Plugin_TotalCache::ob_callback() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/devly.co/htdocs/index-wp-redis.php on line 128
root@devly:~#

Also, if I installed redis, do I still need to keep memcached? If I want to setup pagespeed to go with redis, how do I do that? database cache I still use it with memcached in W3TC.

@alexblajan

We are not tested redis yet, related to error Did you tried disable w3tc plugin and test redis?

Hi @alexblajan

Since version 3.3 EasyEngine has redis support. For more information follow this link https://rtcamp.com/blog/easyengine-3-3-full-page-redis-cache/ .

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: