Sites on different ports

With v3, I have this setup:

• Some sites running port 80
  • Some sites running port 443
  • Some sites running port 8080
  • Some sites running port 8080 can only access from local

How can I archive this on v4? Seems like I have to change docker-compose of my site, or nginx-proxy service too?

Hey @AnhTuan,

Point 1 and 2 are take care of by EasyEngine itself. When you create a non-HTTPS site, it listens on port 80. When you create a HTTPS site, it listens on port 443.

Unfortunately, it’s currently not possible to have sites running on ports other than 80 and 443 hence you won’t be able to create sites as in point 3 and 4.

However if there’s a site which you don’t want to be accessible by other people, you can add HTTP auth on it with ee auth create command.

Some sites running port 8080

Just curious, why would you WANT sites running on 8080? Is it for security or development mode or other?

Hi @kirtan,

It’s not point, my current EEv3 server have 4 type of what I listed :smiley: Yeah, I have to manually edit Nginx config to make it works. Can I do this with EEv4: custom port for each site?

Hi @mram,

It’s depends, but sites running on 8080 can only access from local is for Cloudflare Argo. I know, Argo Tunnel can use any port or public site, but yes, it’s for security so I don’t want it expose to public.

Ok Argo is something I have not used yet. I do run everything behind CloudFlare with UFW limiting 80/443 access to only Cloudflare and Uptimerobot ip addresses. Personally I would move those sites from 8080 to standard ports. Check out https://easyengine.io/commands/auth/ for additional login security.

I found the site ports listed in /opt/easyengine/services/nginx-proxy/conf.d/example.com-redirect.conf. I hope that helps you.

@AnhTuan In v4 it won’t be that simple. The reason is the Nginx-Proxy container only listens on port 80 and 443. Even if you modify Nginx-Proxy to listen on 8080 and somehow even change Nginx configuration, it’ll not be update resisteant and your changes might get undone on EE update.

Can I do this with EEv4: custom port for each site?

No currently there is no such feature.