Sitemap coming up blank

Hey there, I’m currently using EasyEngine, and it’s AWESOME.

I’ve just run into a problem on my first wordpress site installed via EE. (ee site create example.com --wp , to be precise)

While using the sitemap plugin it will redirect from from /sitemap.xml to /sitemap_index.xml. However, the page that comes up is completely blank.

I’ve tried adding location rules (although, that doesn’t seem to be necessary) and nothing is working.

What could this be?

i don’t think that there is a “the” sitemap plugin because i think there are several and the solution to your issue might be dependent on which particular plugin you are using. but i had trouble with the nginx fastcgi-cache messing with my sitemaps (using A plugin called “Google XML Sitemaps”) and so i added some stuff to the nginx config so it would not cache those pages. here is a chunk of my config:

# Don't cache URL containing the following segments
if ($request_uri ~* "(/wp-admin/|/xmlrpc.php|wp-.*.php|index.php|/feed/|sitemap(_index)?.xml|[a-z0-9_-]+-sitemap([0-9]+)?.xml)") {
	set $skip_cache 1;
}
1 Like

Oh man, didn’t even realize I left out which plugin. I’m using Yoast’s Wordpress SEO - which actually already has the redirects setup (thanks to EasyEngine) in /etc/nginx/common/wpcommon.conf.

I just added your snippet to the site’s server config and no dice. Source is still coming up blank.

A caching issue would have made sense since it’s coming up blank, whereas without the plugin it puts you back on the homepage. It’s a bit peculiar.

I happen to also like Better Wordpress XML Sitemaps, so I’m going to put their rewrite rules in wpcommon and see how she works.

1 Like

did you purge the cache after making the change?

Yeah, I purged it a few times via the nginx helper and purged caches through the EE added admin tools.

There didn’t seem to be any php/nginx errors in the logs either.