Shortcode parameters to show own user's photos

First let me just say I think this plugin is very promising...but Is it just me or do the shortcode or template tags do not work? Ive tried the shortcode on my pages, and the only shortcode that works is [rtmedia_gallery global="true"] which shows all photos from everyone. Im tryin to display user's own photos with no luck nomatter what I try...As far as template tags like <?php rtmedia_gallery( "global"="true") ?> or just <?php rtmedia-gallery() ?>, nothing works. Ive checked the docs for the gallery shortcodes but it seems almost incomplete...Am I doing something wrong, can somebody show me a shortcode or template tag thatll show a user's own photos and if possible photos from a certain album?

PHP 5.4.12 MYSQL 5.6.12 WordPress 3.6 BuddyPress 1.8.1 rtMedia 3.1.1 OS WINNT Imagick Not Installed GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible) [php.ini] post_max_size 8M [php.ini] upload_max_filesize 2M [php.ini] memory_limit 128M

@dyrect - Looks like there is some issue in the shortcode with the recent release. We are looking into this and this should get sorted in the next release.

@dyrect - Have you tried this

if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {  
    $media_author = get_current_user_id();  
    $album_id = "Put the album id you want to fetch the users photo from here";  
    rtmedia_gallery(  "global" => true, "media_type" => "photo",  "media_author" => $media_author, "album_id" => $album_id);  
} else {  
    // Any fallback if user is not logged in  
}