Setting up new server

Hi, I’ve been using EE with wp and its great. But now I’m setting up something different and it needs ioncube loader.

I tried one of the suggestions on a different post here but I couldn’t get it working. I’ve tried searching google as well but couldn’t get any of those tutorials working either.

Does anyone know how to get ioncube loader working with EE?

Thanks.

Yes, I’m using ioncube loader with EE. You have to download the ioncube loader wizard and to upload it to your server. Then with your browser, you have to access to the loader and to follow the instructions.

Hey, Thanks for helping me. Just need to clear something up. What folder do I upload the ioncube loader wizard to? And if I have more than one site on my vps will it work on both sites or do I need to upload it on each site, sorry for the newbie questions.

Hi, I have uploaded the files like to this /var/www/mydomain/ioncube/loader-wizard.php

when I go to http://mydomain/ioncube/loader-wizard.php it shows 404 not found nginx

I checked the group is www-data and owner is www-data. I tried group and owner as root, it didn’t work either.

i tried from the ip address, still same result. I tried some different locations and nothing.

What am I doing wrong here?

It might my a typo, but your server root seems to be wrong. Correct is:

/var/www/mydomain.com/htdocs/ioncube/...

You seemingly forgot the htdocs part.

1 Like

Hey. Thank you sooo much!!! That was it. Once I put the the files there, everything just worked.