Seemingly High Memory Usage?

I’m extremely new to the web server management scene so please excuse the extreme ignorance that is sure to follow in the next few paragraphs.

I ran htop on my newly set up 2GB Linode Debian box running the EE stack (nginx, php-fpm, etc) and it seems like the memory usage is extremely high? See attached image:

For added context, the site is brand new and has virtually 0 traffic, is this normal?

Cheers!

Can you please check mysql processlist?

You may send output of following command. Please check if output doesn’t contain any sensitive info.

mysqladmin proc stat

Looking at your load, there shouldn’t be these many mysql processes present in the system. I suspect mysql connections are not closed properly.

Thanks for the reply!

Here’s the output:

+----+------+-----------+----+---------+------+-------+------------------+-----------+---------------+
| Id | User | Host      | db | Command | Time | State | Info             | Rows_sent | Rows_examined |
+----+------+-----------+----+---------+------+-------+------------------+-----------+---------------+
| 54 | root | localhost |    | Query   | 0    | init  | show processlist | 0         | 0             |
Uptime: 2943  Threads: 1  Questions: 293  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 379  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 93  Queries per second avg: 0.099

Any ideas?

Looks fine.

Please try mysqltuner and tuning-primer.sh commands. You may need to tweak mysql config based on output.

Also, similar problem is discussed here - http://serverfault.com/questions/170541/too-many-mysql-processes

Hello @athony

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: