rtmedia_gallery short code problem

I’m using the latest versions of WP, WPMU, BP, bbPress and rtMedia. When I put this short code in to a page, [rtmedia_gallery global=“true” media_type=“photo”] I can see my individual photos only even all images are uploaded with public visibility.
When I log out the system, it shows a message like this Oops !! There’s no media found for the request !!.
After that I logged in to the system from another user account. Initially, displayed the same message Oops !! There’s no media found for the request !!. But when I upload some images, it shows currently logged in users images only.

Also I tested this with media_type video and album, but the same result. In additionally I found another issue with media_type video and album. That is [rtmedia_gallery global=“true” media_type=“video”] and [rtmedia_gallery global=“true” media_type=“album”] show all media types; images, video, music.

Hi Chathuranga,

I just tested the shortcode with different attributes that you have mentioned here, it’s all working fine for us. I checked it with & without logging in and the gallery had same media. Also we didn’t found any issue when using media_type as “album” or “video”.

Please refer this Docs for more details : https://rtcamp.com/rtmedia/docs/common/shortcodes/gallery-shortcode/

Hi Pushpak,

Thank you very much for your time. I found the reason behind of this problem. My scenario is like this; I created 4 pages as
Media, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Albums. And Media is the parent page of all Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Albums pages.
URL is displayed like www.yourdomain/media/photo-gallery. Short code doesn’t work properly with child pages. When I remove the parent page from Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Albums pages; now it is working perfectly.Now URL is displayed like www.yourdomain/photo-gallery.

Even it is not a big issue, I think; better if you can mention this somewhere in (the link you provided ) or in a suitable place.

Thanks

Hello Chathuranga,

I just tested the gallery shortcode with fresh setup with the test case you mentioned, but I couldn’t replicate the same issue on my site. I am getting same results with/without the parent page and also same for results for logged-in/logged-out user when using global=‘true’ as global galleries will show only public media.

If I am missing anything, then please let me know.

Hi Pushpak,

Since, you can’t replicate the issue; then exactly I can’t argue, as this is a plugin issue. Anyway you can test this with http://tmail.cuccfree.org/. This is just a testing account. It will be automatically expired within another few days. username: admin , password: 0o9i8u7y

You can see [rtmedia_gallery global=“true” media_type=“video”] and [rtmedia_gallery global=“true” media_type=“photo”] both give the same results and when you logout then Oops !! There’s no media found for the request !! message will be displayed.

After removing page attribute parent from child pages, you can see, it is working perfectly.

Hi Chathuranga,

Thanks for the details, will update you after checking the issue.