RtMedia Custom Privacy Options

Hey, does anyone know how I can add a payment option to the list of privacy options that are currently on RtMedia? I just want to add an option to make a user’s profile private and visible only to those who pay a monthly subscription fee. Basically I want to mix paid memberships pro with RtMedia. I wonder this has ever been done before or if it’s even possible. Please go easy on me as I am a newbie developer lol. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys in advance

Hello @RogerAlridge,

There is not any direct option available to achieve this.This will require a good amount of custom coding.

However, we can discuss with the team if this is possible and can just direct you to the custom code.

Could you please specify your exact requirement again? Do you want to make the user profile private or you want to user activities private?

Thank you.

I understand that it’s not something that’s just readily available which is a bummer. But if you guys could direct me or point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful :slight_smile: Basically I would like to make the user activity private, let the user choose their own price and length for a subscription, (e.g $14.99 for a monthly subscription), and in order for another user to see that private activity, they would have to pay the subscription fee, all the while the site admin, which is me can set the % of commission I receive from each user’s subscription and how much I pay out to the users that are charging a monthly subscription. I hope I explained it in enough detail. Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it :smiley:

Hello @RogerAlridge,

Our developers have looked into ways to provide this functionality but unfortunately, they found that it is not easily possible with little modifications. It will require lots of custom coding.

Below are documentation links which may help you to look for your requirement : BuddyPress - https://codex.buddypress.org/ rtMedia - https://rtmedia.io/docs/

Thank you.