rtMedia and WP Multisites compatibility

Hey there - I was using rtMedia on a sigle site installation and I liked it alot. I upgraded to Multisite, and I am noticing that the Privacy settings do not work completely. When Privacy is set to private (only users can see their own media) instead of hiding the media - there is no checkbox next to it when viewed in the admin panel media section. So it is kinda private - nobody can touch it. when you hover over it instead ov edit and so on - it only gives the option to view - when you click on the option it takes me to a front end 404 error page.

I am running theme 2014 - and the only plugins installed are buddypress - buddypress default data - and rtMedia. I know rtMedia works with buddypress default data as I have run it on my single site install before.

This may be a bug I suppose

Also - I have noticed that there is no easy way to search your support forums - as the search box at the top of the page returns announcements and such - never support results - fixing that may save you all some time - that is all.

rtMedia works fine with multisite installation. I don’t get it what you mean by “When Privacy is set to private (only users can see their own media) instead of hiding the media – there is no checkbox next to it when viewed in the admin panel media section”?

Can you give me some more details, what exactly is the issue you are facing?

THIS WAS A PRIVATE REPLY WITH POST_ID 70208

Attachment Link(s):

http://rtcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/topics/70208/2014/08/rtMedia-help-request.docx

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Media uploaded through rtMedia are nothing but WordPress attachment and hence user with author role can view WordPress Media tab. I suggest you to change user role to Contributor, don’t show WordPress media to users tab at all.