rtMedia 3.0 database upgrade not working

r_ellis, you're right. Especially with this plugin. They're going to end up losing a lot of users, if this continues. Forget about premium addons. Get the basics down. In their dreams!

Give them time.

I'm sure they will get this fixed but until then I'm staying on on version 2.14 as this seems to be ok on my live site.

YES NEVER Upgrade on a live - much better you have a second "Play" Site for testing new updates

@franksenftleben not sure if that will fix your issue, only sure that the implode funtion gives you that warning because $albums is not an array, so nothing to implode. however if look for function rtmedia_global_album_list in /kunden/198316_10247/fotofinden/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/template/rt-template-functions.php on line 641 Either use @ infront of implode, or declare $albums as an array.

Give me a few moments, i will try to give you a better solution.

anyone know where can i get a back copy of the 2.14?

I actually found the page with all the releases. You can get prior Buddypress Media here:

https://github.com/rtCamp/rtMedia/releases

@franksenftleben try this instead

if (is_array($global_albums)) { $albums = implode(',',$global_albums); } else { $albums = $global_albums['0']; }

Can't really replicate your error, not having that issue. so hope it helps

@interglobalmedia let me know which one works on wp 3.5.2 and current bp 1.7.3

confirmed: I can upload mp3, image with bp 1.7.3, wp 3.5.2 and rtmedia 2.14 without any problems https://github.com/rtCamp/rtMedia/commit/d7843c72dc2dd88a93ad7a5009021fd4f342ecc3 Finally ! Now just going to tweek it so people can actually download it :)

I uploaded rtmedia 2.14, and was able to upload a photo/ however, the old problems of clicking on the photo and getting a good full picture are there again. I'm going to just disable this thing while I'm ahead, put back in 3.0, keep it dormant, and wait until the next update. As always, most probably that one will work (because everyone under the sun is complaining about it). This is just more of a headache at this point than an asset to any website.

Hi, First up, thank you for your kind words. Now,

1. In WordPress and especially with BuddyPress added, there are hundreds of variables that we can never exhaust while developing and testing the plugin. That's why things can work unexpectedly or can go horribly wrong. That is why we ask to take back ups before doing things like database migration. So, I hope you have such back ups with you.
  2. The global_albums is supposed to be created on initialisation. If it hasn't happened because of some error, we get such errors. We've fixed at least the error part. However, those should've been created in the first place.
  3. @r_ellis, @migrmn, @Rendezvous: kindly send your site details, so we can look into the issues and see if there are some more variables that we should account for.
  4. @franksenftleben You are right. In spite of the best efforts, we actually have no control or complete knowledge of the environment, each site provides to our plugin. That's why we ask you to take back ups and report errors, if found.
  5. @[email protected]: It'd be nice if you could send us your site details and we could find out what the issues are and fix them. Not everyone will have issues and not everyone will have the same issues. Every plugin is just a plugin and its functionality depends on every other plugin installed on the site. It's easier to get angry and pass judgements. Trust me, it is even easier to help build the plugin. Your turn to contribute, now, I guess.

You can send the details to [email protected] or paste it here in a private reply.

Regards.

Hey Saurabh,

Just emailed you my site details :)

Richard

Please let me know if you need a login to for the site in order to look at things properly

Richard

Just to confirm; the migration issues faced by participants in this thread have been solved. There are other issues and bugs that are being addressed in separate threads. hence closing this thread.