RT Media/BuddyPress Media Sizes

Good Afternoon All,

Please excuse me as I am not a website expert but can get by.

Can anyone help me increase the upload size in my WordPess site with the RTMedia feature? The max upload size is set to 2MB I belive but I am unsure which template to edit.

Also I would like to hide the file names in the activity stream.

Look forward to hearing from the community.

JP :slight_smile:

Hi @StudentMSport,

If you are using Nginx webserver, this will be helpful https://easyengine.io/tutorials/php/increase-file-upload-size-limit/. Otherwise, you can contact your hosting support team to increase upload size limit.

Check this document https://rtmedia.io/docs/developers/remove-media-file-names/, you can hide file name.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Good Afternoon nitunlanjewar,

Many thanks for your replies…I believe my website is hosted on Rackspace but I am unsure as to the type but will ask my site manager regarding this who controls the hosting…but currently users are unable to make comments :frowning:

Secondly - The ccs override worked many thanks, is there any other features I can add to enhance this area? I think I am missing some such as the option to upload other media types such as video and the media sorting option? I only have ‘add album’ from the options in media.

Lastly, if I may ask…you also have a like option in the box when selecting images, how can I add the like function and count to the activity stream items?

Once again many thanks for your support.

JP

Hello JP,

If you would like sorting options for media, you can check out the rtMedia Sorting addon.

As a side note, if you are interested in adding audio / video to your website, consider our free Transcoder service.

Lastly, if I may ask…you also have a like option in the box when selecting images, how can I add the like function and count to the activity stream items?

This features is not available as of now. However, we might consider it for future releases.

Hope this clears your doubts!

Regards,

Joel Abreo

Good Afternoon Joel,

Many thanks for getting in touch.

I really appreciate your time…I thought that the media sorting option was already a part of the RT Media plug in that came with my Theme? I will also take a look at the Transcoder Service thank you.

I don’t have any doubts as to the quality and reliability of RTMedia, I simply want to make the best use of it, but not sure I am accessing all the options :frowning:

Regards

JP

Hi JP,

but not sure I am accessing all the options :frowning:

That’s what we are here to help you with :slight_smile: Also, our docs at rtmedia.io/docs/ are designed to give you any idea of the Settings, Features and technical details of rtMedia.

Let us know if we can help in any other way.

Regards,

Joel Abreo

I am wondering about the file size increase as well. My web guy has increased the file size which can be uploaded to my site but RTMedia is still not allowing me to upload anything larger than what it was. I don’t see anywhere in the settings where I can increase the limits. I do see that RTMedia Pro has a place to change it but I don’t even see where I can obtain RTMedia Pro … I am so confused! Anyone have an answer?

Hi @earthcloud,

RTMedia is still not allowing me to upload anything larger than what it was.

Can you please confirm that the [php.ini] upload_max_filesize & [php.ini] memory_limit has been increased? You can do this from rtMedia > Support > Debug Info. Let us know what your current values are, so that we can debug further.

I don’t even see where I can obtain RTMedia Pro

rtMedia is a completely free plugin, that comes with features to enhance the media experience on your website. If you need to add a particular functionality on your website, you can do via our Premium addons for rtMedia. These addons are independent of each other and can be purchased from our store individually, depending on what functionality you are looking for.

This brings us to rtMedia PRO. This was a premium upgrade to the free rtMedia plugin. It included all of the functionality of our 30+ addons. However, due to reasons explained in this blog post, rtMedia PRO is no longer available.

Thus, you can no longer obtain rtMedia PRO. Instead, install rtMedia for free from the WordPress plugin repository, and head over to our Store to browse additional addons.

I hope this clears your doubts. Let me know if anything is still unclear.

Regards,

Joel Abreo

P.S.: The rtMedia PRO Bundle is a collection of all of our addons in a single package. It is not the same as rtMedia PRO.

Good Morning Joel,

Thanks again for the help…I have added my debug information below to see if you can assist with the file size issue I have. I have also contacted my server/host to see if they can assist.

With regards

JP

DEBUG:

============================================================================== ================================== Debug Info ================================

Home URL http://www.studentmotorsport.com Site URL http://www.studentmotorsport.com PHP 7.0.12-1+deb.sury.org~xenial+1 MYSQL 5.7.13 WordPress 4.6.1 BuddyPress 2.7.2 RtMedia RTMEDIA_VERSION OS Linux Imagick Not Installed GD 2.2.3 [php.ini] Post Max Size 8M [php.ini] Upload Max Filesize 2M [php.ini] Memory Limit 128M Theme Name Msocial Theme Version 1.10.1 (based on GavernWP 1.16) Author URL http://gavick.com Template Overrides plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/album-gallery-item.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/album-gallery.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/album-single-edit.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/media-gallery-item.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/media-gallery.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/media-single-edit.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/media-single.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/uploader.php General EnableComments 1 General EnableLightbox 1 General PerPageMedia 10 General Display Media load_more General Masonry Layout 1 General Direct Upload 1 Buddypress EnableOnProfile 1 Buddypress EnableOnGroup 1 Buddypress EnableOnActivity 1 Buddypress LimitOnActivity 2 Buddypress EnableNotification 1 General EnableAlbums 1 AllowedTypes Photo Enabled 1 AllowedTypes Video Enabled 1 AllowedTypes Music Enabled 1 DefaultSizes Photo Thumbnail Width 150 DefaultSizes Photo Thumbnail Height 150 DefaultSizes Photo Thumbnail Crop 1 DefaultSizes Photo Medium Width 320 DefaultSizes Photo Medium Height 240 DefaultSizes Photo Medium Crop 1 DefaultSizes Photo Large Width 800 DefaultSizes Photo Large Height 500 DefaultSizes Photo Large Crop 1 DefaultSizes Video ActivityPlayer Width 320 DefaultSizes Video ActivityPlayer Height 240 DefaultSizes Video SinglePlayer Width 640 DefaultSizes Video SinglePlayer Height 480 DefaultSizes Music ActivityPlayer Width 320 DefaultSizes Music SinglePlayer Width 640 DefaultSizes Featured Default Width 100 DefaultSizes Featured Default Height 100 DefaultSizes Featured Default Crop 1 General Jpeg Image Quality 100 Privacy Enabled 1 Privacy Default 20 Privacy UserOverride 1 Styles Enabled 1 Styles Custom ul.bottomnav li { float: left; list-style-type: none; padding: 0 30px 0 34px; }

ul.menu li ul.sub-menu li { float: none; padding-left: 5px; }

.rtmedia-activity-container .rtmedia-item-title, #buddypress div.rtmedia-activity-container .rtmedia-item-title { display: none; }

} General ShowAdminMenu 1 Rtmedia Enable Api 1 General AllowUserData 1 Rtmedia Affiliate Id
General DownloadButton 0 General EnableMediaEndPoint 0 General Videothumbs 2 General Uniqueviewcount 0 General Viewcount 0 Rtmedia Add Linkback 0 AllowedTypes Photo Featured 0 AllowedTypes Video Featured 0 AllowedTypes Music Featured 0 Buddypress MediaLikeActivity 0 Buddypress MediaCommentActivity 0
Warning: readfile(debuginfo.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/www.studentmotorsport.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/helper/RTMediaSupport.php on line 759

Hi JP,

These values seem to be sufficient for most tasks.

Like mentioned earlier in this thread, you can modify files on your end to increase these values. However, these might not get reflected on the server side if certain procedures are not followed at the server level. I would still suggest contacting your service provider regarding any changes.

Let me know of any developments at your end!

Best,

Joel Abreo