Restore Backupbuddy on Easyengine

hi,

I have successfully restored a wp backup on a subdomain using backupbuddy but the problem is its not compatible with ningx tweaks that mean it won’t get benefit from ningx as it was build on Apache so can you tell me the process as how to make this compatible with ningx .

So is there any doc or help so that i can get this done ???

mike

@miketolsa
refer this doc
https://rtcamp.com/easyengine/docs/site-migration/

hi,

I have already followed the tutorial but my questions is how to get restore version of wordpress work with the ningx tweaks so that it would be speed up better then it was on apache ??? so how to get ningx work with the restored version of wordpress sites using backupbuddy plugin

My method to restore a BackupBuddy backup was to first create a new Wordpress site

ee site create example.com —wp

Then to delete all the files that EasyEngine just created

rm -fr /var/www/example.com/htdocs/*

Then upload the backupbuddy archive and importbuddy.php

Navigate to example.com/importbuddy.php and proceed to restore as usual replacing all db tables when you reach the database restore step. Migrate the urls as usual.

The only thing to note is that EasyEngine puts the wp-config.php file up one level from the htdocs folder (wp will find it there and its probably safer), so when you’re done as the last step you will probably need to replace this wp-config.php file with the one that backupbuddy restored in your document root.

hth

Hello @miketolsa

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: