Redis-server wont start

Fresh install of EasyEngine stable release but redis-server won’t start.

root@srv:~# service redis-server status
● redis-server.service - Advanced key-value store
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/redis-server.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit-hit) since Mon 2018-11-05 01:56:12 EST; 2min 52s ago
     Docs: http://redis.io/documentation,
           man:redis-server(1)
  Process: 11330 ExecStart=/usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis/redis.conf (code=exited, status=232/ADDRESS_FAMILIES)

Nov 05 01:56:12 srv systemd[1]: Failed to start Advanced key-value store.
Nov 05 01:56:12 srv systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Nov 05 01:56:12 srv systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 05 01:56:12 srv systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Nov 05 01:56:12 srv systemd[1]: Stopped Advanced key-value store.
Nov 05 01:56:12 srv systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Nov 05 01:56:12 srv systemd[1]: Failed to start Advanced key-value store.
Nov 05 01:56:12 srv systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Nov 05 01:56:12 srv systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Failed with result 'start-limit-hit'.

I’m facing the same issue.

In order to make REDIS start I copied /etc/redis (and all its subdirectories and files) from another server with REDIS already running.

Can you host that somewhere? Just encountered the exact same issue…

Edit - nevermind I got the files and it fixed my issue also! I suspect maybe this has to do with v4 being introduced?

I don’t think it has anything to do with EE itself. It seems the REDIS package is somehow corrupted or at least with some bug.

In case someone needs the configuration files (use at your own risk) from a previous working server:

https://downloads.portofacil.net/monica/18.04/redis-config.zip

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.