Redis Full Page cache support

So it was just added on the latest version. Is it only for Wordpress Site? or I cant use it on any PHP web app?

Like XenForo Forum?

Thanks!

And which is Faster and More reliable: Redis or Wp-Super-Cache? With WP Super cache, site will still work for guest even if mysql and php-fpm crash. What about with Redis?

All four cache types supported by EasyEngine will work with mysql/php crash, provided that page was already cached.

We haven’t added redis cache support for PHP sites. We might do that later on. PHP site layout may differ from one site to another site.

Also to purge cache we relay on nginx-helper WordPress plugin.

1 Like

Nice, Thanks for that!.

[quote=“rahul286, post:3, topic:4821”] We haven’t added redis cache support for PHP sites. We might do that later on. PHP site layout may differ from one site to another site.

Also to purge cache we relay on nginx-helper WordPress plugin. [/quote]So I can only use this caching with WP only. I have a working config already of XenForo with fastcgi_cache. It cache all guest request using cookie method. I can do the same for Redis?

So it’s possible to make the cache indefinitely with fastcgi_cache and redis? And the cache will be update only when the live data change, like editing post.

I am sorry to say I did not test it personally with PHP and all our team is away at the moment. May be you can try it with PHP site on test server.

Config responsible for redis caching is here - https://github.com/rtCamp/easyengine/blob/master/ee/cli/templates/redis.mustache#L24-57

fastcgi-cache and redis have different default timeout.

Cache should auto-update for WordPress sites whenever there is a change (edit/publish post/page/CPT).

1 Like

Auto means for a fixed specified amount? it will delete the cache and fetch a new one? Or it only refresh it’s cache when there is new post made or revision of post?

Thank you for implementing such an easy way to implement Redis full page cache. I just shifted our store to redis based caching from the old W3TC memcached way. :blush: