Redirecting A Custom Blogger Domain To A New Domain On Wordpress

Hi, I have a question about the Blogger To WordPress plugin.

Is it possible to redirect a custom domain on blogger to a new domain which is setup on wordpress.

I tried to achieve this by taking the following steps.

1. Imported blogger content into wordpress via the standard importing feature. (At the time of importing, my urls were set to %postname%).

2. Installed your redirection plugin, generated the code and pasted it into my blogger template.

3. Redirection is working, but all posts are redirecting to the homepage.

Did i make a mistake by not using the proper url structure during the import process? This was only the case because i imported all the content long before finding your plugin.

Is it possible to make the redirection work with my current setup?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @magglio,

I would not suggest you to redirect a custom domain on blogger to a new domain which is setup on wordpress because you will loose SEO rankings of your website.

About your second question you have completed all the steps properly, if you are using Hostgator please follow this link, hopefully it will solve your problem.

Thanks for the reply, Abhishek.

Due to my current circumstances, it makes sense for me to move my site to a new domain name on the WordPress installation. Its kinda complicated.

I have already contacted several webmasters and had them change their links and point them to my new domain. However, there are still many links pointing to my old custom blogger domain.

Are you telling me that by using the redirection plugin i cannot pass any of the link juice from my old www. domain to my new www. domain?

If that is the case, i still need to redirect traffic and point Google to where the content has moved, so they can see who holds ownership of it. Right?

By the way, my hosting provider is JaguarPC.

If that is the case, I still need to redirect traffic and point Google to where the content has moved, so they can see who holds ownership of it. Right?

Yes, please add you new domain name to webmaster tools.

By the way, my hosting provider is JaguarPC.

Please contact to hosting provider (i.e. JaguarPC) and ask them if they have some security rules, if yes please make sure they are in whitelist just like Hostgator.

Ok, thanks again.

I will contact my host and ask them about being white-listed.

Just to clarify this one point. Does this plugin pass ANY link juice when redirecting a custom blogger domain to a new domain address on WordPress?