Problem with lightbox on Buddypress activity wall

Hi Guys

we are having a small issue with the lightbox on Buddypress activity wall.

This is happening on various themes tested. You can see this happening and test it yourselves on our testbed server.

What is happening - when a user comments on a media post, the comment activity is posted to the wall. This post contains the comment, and also a thumbnail to the media.

If you click on the media thumbnail, the lightbox opens as usual. However, instead of having the conversation / comments listed alongside the media, the conversation is missing. Along with the various functions / buttons etc that you usually get on the lightbox.

I have attached links to 2 videos to demonstrate this happening.

Any ideas why this might be happening? Please let me know, many thanks.

https://www.juicy.io/issues/NoCommentoption2.zip https://www.juicy.io/issues/NoCommentoption.zip

Hello @AdamK

What is happening - when a user comments on a media post, the comment activity is posted to the wall. This post contains the comment, and also a thumbnail to the media.

If you click on the media thumbnail, the lightbox opens as usual. However, instead of having the conversation / comments listed alongside the media, the conversation is missing. Along with the various functions / buttons etc that you usually get on the lightbox.

You can view the conversation for the post by clicking the View Conversation link.

This is not a problem as this the way we intended to display the media comment in the lightbox. It will have limited functions to perform (like,delete) on the media which is added as a comment and not all the features you get with the original media post.

Please, let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks!

Hi Pranali

that’s a pretty ugly way of doing things though no? Why not just show the lightbox to the original media? This would be the logical option in terms of usability. Saves you having 2 sets of code for the same object. And doesn’t give the impression that the system is faulty.

Incidentally, in our install, clicking on the View Conversation link doesn’t do anything. Basically clicking on that media thumbnail just opens an apparently broken lightbox.