Phpmyadmin broken - version issue

More of a copy and paste of a response.

On a fresh install of ee (2.2.2) phpmyadmin is throwing up a bunch of errors and eventually after logging in I get the infamous :

“Your PHP MySQL library version 5.5.40 differs from your MySQL server version 5.6.21. This may cause unpredictable behavior.”

Appears to be related to an update to Percona 5.6.21 which I should’ve paid more attention to. The package mysql-common is the issue. It’s held at 5.5.40 and I’m not able to figure out a way of updating it cleanly.

I realise this isn’t strictly an EE issue but I suspect a bunch of people may be hitting this issue soon as they upgade to 5.6.21 of Percona.

Is there a nice way of fixing this?

Appreciate any help.

Hi @ichpen,

On our servers, we never faced this issue,

Can you please provide me output of following commands?

lsb_release -a

dpkg -l | grep mysql
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Release:        14.04
Codename:       trusty

ii  libdbd-mysql-perl                4.025-1             amd64        Perl5 database interface to the MySQL database
ii  libmysqlclient18:amd64        5.5.40-0ubuntu0.14.04.1              amd64        MySQL database client library
ii  mysql-common  5.5.40-0ubuntu0.14.04.1        all      MySQL database common files, e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf rc                              mysql-common-5.6     5.6.19-0ubuntu0.14.04.1              all          MySQL 5.6 specific common files, e.g. /etc/mysql/conf.d/my-5.6.cnf

ii  mysqltuner                   1.2.0-1                              all          high-performance MySQL tuning script
ii  percona-server-common-5.6            5.6.21-70.1-698.trusty               amd64        Percona Server database common files (e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf)
ii  php5-mysqlnd               5.5.19+dfsg-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1  amd64        MySQL module for php5 (Native Driver)

@gau1991

There’s no opportunity to upgrade the client lib unless I’m missing a PPA somewhere.

Hi @ichpen

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: