php7 issue

Now that EE supports php7, I installed php7 on a test site. The install went well, however, there seems to be an issue:

[25-Feb-2016 00:45:59] ERROR: Unable to write to the PID file.: No space left on device (28) [25-Feb-2016 00:45:59] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

Looking at the space available on this VPS: 13.2% [5845.7 MB] so there is plenty of space available.

Is there a fix yet?

@wphsmatt

Can you provide me output for df -h command?

I doubt that your /run partition is full. so you are causing this issue.

root@ngx:~# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root        47G  5.6G   41G  13% /
devtmpfs        998M  4.0K  998M   1% /dev
none            4.0K     0  4.0K   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
none            200M  200M  4.0K 100% /run
none            5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
none           1000M     0 1000M   0% /run/shm
none            100M     0  100M   0% /run/user

@wphsmatt

exactly as I told. /run partition is full so php7.0-fpm is unable to create its PID file.

Try to get solve this issue by cleaning /run and you will find php7.0-fpm work flawless.

do you have a suggested way to clean that out maybe?

Here’s another issue with the new php7. Upon an upgrade with EE to get php7 support - I installed php7

ee stack install --php7

Then ee site update domain.com --php7 and it did it, however, there was no msqli nor the curl extention installed during the php7 install nor were those 2 extentions available in the php5.6 because now, they are both in the same folder so I have to add them both in order to get WordPress to work and also, the upstream.conf was not updated to reflect the php7 upstream so I had to manually fix that as well.

Thought you may want to know…

Everything loads fine on a brand new install - it’s just upgrading an existing EE install. Also, Redis.ini is not installed on neither php5.6 nor php7 so I had to do:

git clone https://github.com/phpredis/phpredis.git
cd phpredis
git checkout php7
phpize
./configure
make && make install
cd ..
rm -rf phpredis

Then:

echo "extension=redis.so" > /etc/php/mods-available/redis.ini

ln -sf /etc/php/mods-available/redis.ini /etc/php/7.0/fpm/conf.d/20-redis.ini

ln -sf /etc/php/mods-available/redis.ini /etc/php/7.0/cli/conf.d/20-redis.ini