Photo Tagging

What happened to photo tagging? It seems to have been removed from the roadmap and wasn't included in 2.8.

Hi,

We removed it from the roadmap because we removed it from the must-have to the nice-to-have list and are going to release this as a premium addon to support the development of the must-have features.

Maintaining and improving upon such a large plugin can't go on with the little contribution that we receive from the community. Unless, such features get sponsored, we'll create premium addons for them.

Regards.

@saurabhshukla That's fine by me. I don't mind paying, so count me in for a purchase. I'm only disappointed that it didn't come out at the same time as the 2.8 release. I was hoping to add it in along with BuddyPress 1.7.

Any idea on when it will be released?

Hi,

BuddyPress and WordPress, itself are undergoing rapid changes. So, we have to devote a little extra effort on keeping the plugin up to date and bug free. Also, since these are positively affecting our plans, we are very eager to roll out long awaited features. So, this will take a little while.

You could subscribe to our newsletter or follow us @buddypressmedia to stay abreast of the latest updates.

Regards.