PDF viewing

Is there a way to add or change the photos to be able to view .pdf files?

You could add another type of media say “docs” or “documents”. You should be looking for the rtmedia_allowed_types filter. But then again this feature has not yet been tested thoroughly and is in its starting stages. This could take a little time to get robust and up to its fully functional level.

Where would that be located?

Hi,
You could find the filter declaration of the filter here. That being said you shouldn’t be making changes to the core rtMedia files but use the filter instead ( probably in your theme’s “functions.php” ). You can check this page to get to know more on how to use hooks.

Sorry- So which folder would this be under? I’m having trouble finding the the file to edit.

It is not advisable to change the rtMedia core files as your changes would be removed on updation of rtMedia. The best way to go about this is using hooks. The rtmedia_allowed_types hook should do the job.

Thanks for your help. I’m just not sure where to find “rtmedia_allowed_types”. Is it available from my dashboard and editing plugins? I’m not finding the folder that it is located in. I looked through my theme’s function.php and didn’t see anything related to rtmedia. I have it active on my site now, though.

You would need to use hooks to achieve it -> http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks

You could put the code in your theme’s functions.php file.