Odroid-C1 Can't install: E: Package 'nginx-custom' has no installation candidate

Hello!

I want to deploy Wordpress on my Odroid-C1 (ARM) in my home network for testing. I followed the 2 liner on the first page, but the 2nd command “sudo ee site create 192.168.1.100 --wp” produces an error and aborts the installation:

root@odroid:/home/odroid# ee site create 192.168.1.100 --wp Adding repository for NGINX, please wait… Adding repository for PHP, please wait… Updating apt-cache, please wait… Installing packages, please wait… Oops Something went wrong!! Check logs for reason tail /var/log/ee/ee.log & Try Again!!!

tail /var/log/ee/ee.log

Reading state information… Package nginx-custom is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source However the following packages replace it: nginx-ee

E: Package ‘nginx-custom’ has no installation candidate 2016-10-02 09:56:56,401 (INFO) ee : Oops Something went wrong!! 2016-10-02 09:56:56,402 (ERROR) ee : Check logs for reason tail /var/log/ee/ee.log & Try Again!!!

Any Ideas? :frowning:

Regards, Martin

EE is meant to run on top of Ubuntu LTS or Debian, not ARM systems.

There are no packages compiled for your architecture, and you won’t be able to run EE on this machine unless you fork the project and maintain your own repositories.

:anguished: Nobody made packages for armhf?! I am using my Odroid C1 with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (official), but there are also latest Debian 7/8 images available with full repository for ARM devices.

I found this issue; a user asking for a Raspberry Pi version of EE: https://github.com/EasyEngine/easyengine/issues/356 But is there really no way to make EE available for the ARM devices too? Because it would fit perfectly, regarding CPU power and RAM size comparable with a VPS … u know what I mean?

I’m just a (happy) customer, and I can’t say whether it is possible or not.

But i’m convinced it’s not something easy to accomplish; in other words, hard enough to justify not putting efforts on the task.

EE will not be available for ARM devices soon because only Nginx 1.8.1 is working on ARM when EE use Nginx 1.10.0 with debian and ubuntu. But you should look at scaleway github repository because they have a LEMP stack available with an ARM.