No upload possible

I just installed the rtmedia plugin. I’m using the current versions of wp, bbpress and buddypress. Everything looks fine, but I cannot upload anything, neither on member profiles, nor on activity stream.
The “attach files” button is placed where it should be, but it’s not clickable, looks like a hyperlink with no link set.
Could someone help me please?

Do you have iThemes Security installed (aka Better WP Security)? If so, try disabling the option in the iThemes Security Dashboard that displays a random version of WordPress. That worked for me.

I don't have Better WP Security installed. The only security plugins I have are dmx page restriction and buddypress login redirect (which isn't acutally a real security plugin). I tried deactivating both, which has no effect. What else could I do?

Then I don't know. I was just offering up what worked for me. I'm sure the RTMedia guys will be able to help you solve the problem. Good luck to you!

I really hope so. Thanks for your help! :-)

Is there any js console error you are facing?

Actually I have no idea what a "js console error" is and how I could find out if this is the fact. Could you please tell me, how I can determine wether this is the case?

I'm not a developer, so I'm not sure if this helps. I found out using google how to use the firefox debug mode. This is what I get when I point the mouse on the "attach files" button, while having debug mode running:

var f,g=this,k=void 0,n=/&/g,q=//g,t=/"/g,u=/'/g,w=Date.now||function(){return+new Date},x=function(a,b,c,d,e){c=a.split("."),d=g,c[0]in d||!d.execScript||d.execScript("var "+c[0]);for(;c.length&&(e=c.shift());)c.length||b===k?d=d[e]?d[e]:d[e]={}:d[e]=b},y=function(a,b,c){if(b=typeof a,"object"==b)if(a){if(a instanceof Array)return"array";if(a instanceof Object)return b;if(c=Object.prototype.toString.call(a),"[object Window]"==c)return"object";if("[object Array]"==c||"number"==typeof a.length&&"undefined"!=typeof a.splice&&"undefined"!=typeof a.propertyIsEnumerable&&!a.propertyIsEnumerable("splice"))return"array";if("[object Function]"==c||"undefined"!=typeof a.call&&"undefined"!=typeof a.propertyIsEnumerable&&!a.propertyIsEnumerable("call"))return"function"}else return"null";else if("function"==b&&"undefined"==typeof a.call)return"object";return b},A="".oa?"".ma():"",B=(/[&<>"']/.test(A)&&(-1!=A.indexOf("&")&&(A=A.replace(n,"&")),-1!=A.indexOf("<")&&(A=A.replace(q,"<")),-1!=A.indexOf(">")&&(A=A.replace(r,">")),-1!=A.indexOf('"')&&(A=A.replace(t,""")),-1!=A.indexOf("'")&&(A=A.replace(u,"'"))),new function(){w()},function(a,b){a.m=("E:"+b.message+":"+b.stack).slice(0,2048)}),C=function(a,b){for(b=Array(a);a--;)b[a]=255Math.random()|0;return b},D=function(a,b){return a[b]<<24|a[b+1]<<16|a[b+2]<>8d&255;return c},H=function(a,b,c,d){return c=a.a(a.b),a.e&&c<a.e.length?(E(a,a.b,a.e.length),F(a,b)):E(a,a.b,b),d=a.s(),E(a,a.b,c),d},L=function(a,b,c,d){for(b={},b.N=a.a(K(a)),b.O=K(a),c=K(a)-1,d=K(a),b.self=a.a(d),b.C=[];c--;)d=K(a),b.C.push(a.a(d));return b},M=function(a,b){return b<=a.ca?b==a.h||b==a.d||b==a.f||b==a.o?a.n:b==a.P||b==a.H||b==a.I||b==a.k?a.v:b==a.w?a.i:4:[1,2,4,a.n,a.v,a.i][b%a.da]},N=function(a,b,c,d){try{for(d=0;84941944608!=d;)a+=(b<>>5)+b^d+c[d&3],d+=2654435769,b+=(a<>>5)+a^d+c[d>>>11&3];return[a>>>24,a>>16&255,a>>8&255,a&255,b>>>24,b>>16&255,b>>8&255,b&255]}catch(e){throw e;}},E=function(a,b,c){if(b==a.b||b==a.l)a.c[b]?a.c[b].V(c):a.c[b]=G(c);else if(b!=a.d&&b!=a.f&&b!=a.h||!a.c[b])a.c[b]=O(c,a.a);b==a.p&&(a.t=k,E(a,a.b,a.a(a.b)+4))},P=function(a,b,c,d,e){for(a=a.replace(/\r\n/g,"\n"),b=[],d=c=0;de?b[c++]=e:(2048>e?b[c++]=e>>6|192:(b[c++]=e>>12|224,b[c++]=e>>6&63|128),b[c++]=e&63|128);return b},K=function(a,b,c){if(b=a.a(a.b),!(b in a.e))throw a.g(a.Y),a.u;return a.t==k&&(a.t=D(a.e,b-4),a.B=k),a.B!=b>>3&&(a.B=b>>3,c=[0,0,0,a.a(a.p)],a.Z=N(a.t,a.B,c)),E(a,a.b,b+1),a.e[b]^a.Z[b%8]},O=function(a,b,c,d,e,h,l,p,m){return p=Q,e=Q.prototype,h=e.s,l=e.Q,m=e.g,d=function(){return c()},c=function(a,s,v){for(v=0,a=d[e.D],s=a===b,a=a&&a[e.D];a&&a!=h&&a!=l&&a!=p&&a!=m&&20>v;)v++,a=a[e.D];return c[e.ga+s+!(!a+(v>>2))]},d[e.J]=e,c[e.fa]=a,a=k,d},R=function(a,b,c,d,e,h){for(e=a.a(b),b=b==a.f?function(b,c,d,h){if(c=e.length,d=c-4>>3,e.ba!=d){e.ba=d,d=(d<<3)-4,h=[0,0,0,a.a(a.G)];try{e.aa=N(D(e,d),D(e,d+4),h)}catch(s){throw s;}}e.push(e.aa[c&7]^b)}:function(a){e.push(a)},d&&b(d&255),h=0,d=c.length;h<d;h++)b(c[h])},Q=function(a,b,c,d,e,h){try{if(this.j=2048,this.c=[],E(this,this.b,0),E(this,this.l,0),E(this,this.p,0),E(this,this.h,[]),E(this,this.d,[]),E(this,this.H,"object"==typeof window?window:g),E(this,this.I,this),E(this,this.r,0),E(this,this.F,0),E(this,this.G,0),E(this,this.f,C(4)),E(this,this.o,[]),E(this,this.k,{}),this.q=true,a&&"!"==a[0])this.m=a;else{if(window.atob){for(c=window.atob(a),a=[],e=d=0;e<c.length;e++){for(h=c.charCodeAt(e);255>=8;a[d++]=h}b=a}else b=null;(this.e=b)&&this.e.length?(this.K=[],this.s()):this.g(this.U)}}catch(l){B(this,l)}};f=Q.prototype,f.b=0,f.p=1,f.h=2,f.l=3,f.d=4,f.w=5,f.P=6,f.L=8,f.H=9,f.I=10,f.r=11,f.F=12,f.G=13,f.f=14,f.o=15,f.k=16,f.ca=17,f.R=15,f.$=12,f.S=10,f.T=42,f.da=6,f.i=-1,f.n=-2,f.v=-3,f.U=17,f.W=21,f.A=22,f.ea=30,f.Y=31,f.X=33,f.u={},f.D="caller",f.J="toString",f.ga=34,f.fa=36,Q.prototype.a=function(a,b){if(b=this.c[a],b===k)throw this.g(this.ea,0,a),this.u;return b()},Q.prototype.ka=function(a,b,c,d){d=a[(b+2)%3],a[b]=a[b]-a[(b+1)%3]-d^(1==b?d<>>c)},Q.prototype.ja=function(a,b,c,d){if(3==a.length){for(c=0;3>c;c++)b[c]+=a[c];for(c=0,d=[13,8,13,12,16,5,3,10,15];9>c;c++)b3}},Q.prototype.la=function(a,b){b.push(a[0]<<24|a[1]<<16|a[2]<<8|a[3]),b.push(a[4]<<24|a[5]<<16|a[6]<<8|a[7]),b.push(a[8]<<24|a[9]<<16|a[10]<>8&255,d&255],c!=k&&a.push(c),0==this.a(this.h).length&&(this.c[this.h]=k,E(this,this.h,a)),c="",b&&(b.message&&(c+=b.message),b.stack&&(c+=":"+b.stack)),3<this.j&&(c=c.slice(0,this.j-3),this.j-=c.length+3,c=P(c),R(this,this.f,J(c.length,2).concat(c),this.$))},f.M=[function(){},function(a,b,c,d,e){b=K(a),c=K(a),d=a.a(b),b=M(a,b),e=M(a,c),e==a.i||e==a.n?d=""+d:0<b&&(1==b?d&=255:2==b?d&=65535:4==b&&(d&=4294967295)),E(a,c,d)},function(a,b,c,d,e,h,l,p,m){if(b=K(a),c=M(a,b),0<c){for(d=0;c--;)d=d<<8|K(a);E(a,b,d)}else if(c!=a.v){if(d=K(a)<<8|K(a),c==a.i)if(c="",a.c[a.w]!=k)for(e=a.a(a.w);d--;)h=e[K(a)<<8|K(a)],c+=h;else{for(c=Array(d),e=0;e<d;e++)c[e]=K(a);for(d=c,c=[],h=e=0;el?c[h++]=String.fromCharCode(l):191l?(p=d[e++],c[h++]=String.fromCharCode((l&31)<<6|p&63)):(p=d[e++],m=d[e++],c[h++]=String.fromCharCode((l&15)<<12|(p&63)<<6|m&63));c=c.join("")}else for(c=Array(d),e=0;ed?(b=a.a(b),d==a.i&&(b=P(""+b)),c!=a.d&&c!=a.f&&c!=a.o||R(a,c,J(b.length,2)),R(a,c,b)):0a.a(c)&&E(a,d,a.a(d)+1)},function(a,b,c,d){b=K(a),c=K(a),d=K(a),E(a,d,a.a(b)<<c)},function(a,b,c,d){b=K(a),c=K(a),d=K(a),E(a,d,a.a(b)|a.a(c))},function(a,b){b=a.a(K(a)),F(a,b)},function(a,b,c,d){if(b=a.K.pop()){for(c=K(a);0>c)},function(a,b,c,d){b=K(a),c=K(a),d=K(a),E(a,d,a.a(b)||a.a(c))},function(a,b,c,d,e){b=L(a),c=b.C,d=b.self,e=b.N;switch(c.length){case 0:c=new d[e];break;case 1:c=new de;break;case 2:c=new de;break;case 3:c=new de;break;case 4:c=new de;break;default:a.g(a.A);return}E(a,b.O,c)},function(a,b,c,d,e,h){if(b=K(a),c=K(a),d=K(a),e=K(a),b=a.a(b),c=a.a(c),d=a.a(d),a=a.a(e),"object"==y(b)){for(h in e=[],b)e.push(h);b=e}for(e=0,h=b.length;e<h;e+=d)c(b.slice(e,e+d),a)}],Q.prototype.ia=function(a){return(a=window.performance)&&a.now?function(){return a.now()|0}:function(){return+new Date}}(),Q.prototype.ha=function(a,b){return b=this.Q(),a&&a(b),b},Q.prototype.s=function(a,b,c,d,e,h){try{for(b=2001,c=k,d=0,a=this.e.length;--b&&(d=this.a(this.b))<a;)try{E(this,this.l,d),e=K(this)%this.M.length,(c=this.M[e])?c(this):this.g(this.W,0,e)}catch(l){l!=this.u&&((h=this.a(this.r))?(E(this,h,l),E(this,this.r,0)):this.g(this.A,l))}b||this.g(this.X)}catch(p){try{this.g(this.A,p)}catch(m){B(this,m)}}return this.a(this.k)},Q.prototype.Q=function(a,b,c,d,e,h,l,p,m,z,s){if(this.m)return this.m;try{if(this.q=false,b=this.a(this.d).length,c=this.a(this.f).length,d=this.j,this.c[this.L]&&H(this,this.a(this.L)),e=this.a(this.h),0<e.length&&R(this,this.d,J(e.length,2).concat(e),this.R),h=this.a(this.F)&255,h-=this.a(this.d).length+4,l=this.a(this.f),4<l.length&&(h-=l.length+3),0<h&&R(this,this.d,J(h,2).concat(C(h)),this.S),4<l.length&&R(this,this.d,J(l.length,2).concat(l),this.T),p=[3].concat(this.a(this.d)),window.btoa?(z=window.btoa(String.fromCharCode.apply(null,p)),m=z=z.replace(/+/g,"-").replace(/\//g,"_").replace(/=/g,"")):m=k,m)m="!"+m;else for(m="",e=0;e<p.length;e++)s=p[e]this.J,1==s.length&&(s="0"+s),m+=s;a=m,this.j=d,this.q=true,this.a(this.d).length=b,this.a(this.f).length=c}catch(v){B(this,v),a=this.m}return a};try{window.addEventListener("unload",function(){},false)}catch(S){}x("botguard.bg",Q),x("botguard.bg.prototype.invoke",Q.prototype.ha);

I hope this helps locating the error.

No this won't help. Can you check rtMedia with WordPress default theme and with other plugins disabled?

I did and found out, it seems to be the "buddypress like" plugin which is conflicting with rtmedia. After deactivating this plugin, the "attach files" button works as expected. Is there any possibility to make rtmedia and buddypress like work together?

I checked rtMedia with BuddyPress Like plugin. BuddyPress like plugins throws a js error on activity page. Try contacting BuddyPress like plugin developers.