`nginx -t` yields this notice: duplicate default server

Ref:

@MiteshShah Notice: the server does run, but since you asked here’s the output This the notice I said no to nginx.conf and www.conf alteration :

root@traffic:~# nginx -t
nginx: [emerg] a duplicate default server for 0.0.0.0:80 in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/traffic.mg:5
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Also note this a Multisite with domain mapping. If I: nano /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/traffic.mg and look at line 4 and 5 :

# Uncomment The Following Line For Domain Mapping
     listen 80 default_server;

This was part of your instruction to uncomment for domain mapping - is this where the duplicate default server is

@yoyoadmin

ee site edit traffic.mg

and change listen 80 default_server; to listen 80; and then test nginx using nginx -t

good solution to fix the config complaint, but my subdomains no longer map @harshadyeola Thank you sir : )

All single site installs are great

The multisite installation has broken subdomain mapping. traffic.mg is the base install

http://thedunwells.traffic.mg should map to http://thedunwells.com and it does, but I see the nginx notice…

Aarrrgh, I’m stuck!

Temporary solution

By adding my domains manually like this it works, but not very handy method if you’re adding domains from the front end - any thoughts?

ee site edit traffic.mg
server_name traffic.mg *.traffic.mg thedunwells.com loslonelyboys.com iloveyousomuch.co playingintrafficrecords.com;

I had to manually add www to all mapped domain as well as such

# Uncomment The Following Line For Domain Mapping
         listen 80;

server_name traffic.mg *.traffic.mg thedunwells.com www.thedunwells.com loslonelyboys.com www.loslonelyboys.com iloveyousomuch.co www.iloveyousomuch.co playingintrafficrecords.com www.playingintrafficrecords.com;

Hi @yoyoadmin

In case of wp multisite subomains there are a few things to keep in mind :

you can have multiple wp mutisite sudomains on same server giventhat -->

• server have multiple IP’s

• bind one mu to one ip

You must keep listen 80 default_server; in your mu’s nginx config and remove it other config which is causing duplicate default_server issue so you don’t have to do work in vhost’s nginx config for every subdomain mapping that you do using the mapping plugin.

Hi @yoyoadmin

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: