Need help with few tweaks

Hi,

I am planing to create blog site using wordpress and after trying many themes I have decided to use rtPanel. Its great theme!! Very clear, simple and full of feature.

However, I wish I can achieve following if I could without much worrying about future updates.

1. Have light background colour around widgets. Exactly like you have on this page around widgets on right sidebar. Note that I do not want this background colour around widgets in footer.

2. Have background colour in Site Title which should cover full width.

3. Is there any tutorial to change font, font size and text colour. Not planning to change this but it would be nice to know if this can be achieved.

I think creating child theme would be clean and safe option so if you could answer from that perspective.

Again thank you very much to entire rtcamp team for such a wonderful theme which you have made available for FREE!!

Regards,
Pawan.

Hello Pawankesari,

Tutorial is not present for changing fonts in rtPanel for now. It will be better if you can provide me your blog URL, so that I can provide you a better solution.

You can use our example child theme to create custom child theme of rtPanel.

Hello Manish,

Thank you for your reply. I will check 'example child theme' later.

I haven't launched blog yet, I am current working on sandbox installed on pc to sort out theme/plugins and other features.

Regards, Pawan.

I managed to put background color around widget using css

.widget_recent_entries, .widget_recent_comments, .jetpack_subscription_widget { border-style: solid; border-width: 0px; border-color: #d9d9d9; padding: 1.25rem; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% #F2F2F2; border-radius: 5px; }

http://www.samplecodeabap.com/

That's good, I will suggest to use .sidebar-widget class instead of .widget_recent_entries, .widget_recent_comments, .jetpack_subscription_widget.

Same style will not apply if you add other widgets in sidebar widget area, .sidebar-widget class will apply to all sidebar widgets.

One more thing, remove border-style: solid; border-width: 0px; border-color: #d9d9d9; style from above code as its not in use.

Thank you for you suggestion. I have removed code which you suggested.

I am using .widget_recent_entries, .widget_recent_comments, .jetpack_subscription_widget instead of .sidebar-widget because I do not want background around search widget which is also in sidebar.

Is there a way to say apply this style to all sidebar except search widget?

For search widget it will add .widget_search class. You can overwrite styles using this class.

Note: Mention this class after .sidebar-widget class.