Mysqltuner EE4 installation

Hello there,

Can anyone please help in running mysqltuner in EE4 with local-db?

If on Ubuntu you should be able to install it using:

apt-get install mysqltuner

Execute it using:

mysqltuner

I’m using EE4 with local db that’s why I need to run mysqltuner for each sites.

Sorry overlooked that. You can use the options below to pull the script directly then run it on each db that you have.

wget http://mysqltuner.pl/ -O mysqltuner.pl

perl mysqltuner.pl --host targetDNS_IP --user admin_user --password admin_password
1 Like

@jeyeveey26 thanks mate it worked! but there were some errors. Can I just ignore those?

-------- Security Recommendations ------------------------------------------------------------------
[!!] failed to execute: SELECT CONCAT(user, '@', host) FROM mysql.user WHERE TRIM(USER) = '' OR USER IS NULL
[!!] FAIL Execute SQL / return code: 256
[OK] There are no anonymous accounts for any database users
[!!] failed to execute: SELECT CONCAT(user, '@', host) FROM mysql.user WHERE (IF(plugin='mysql_native_password', authentication_string, 'password') = '' OR IF(plugin='mysql_native_password', authentication_string, 'password') IS NULL) AND plugin NOT IN ('unix_socket', 'win_socket', 'auth_pam_compat')
[OK] All database users have passwords assigned
[!!] failed to execute: SELECT CONCAT(user, '@', host) FROM mysql.user WHERE CAST(IF(plugin='mysql_native_password', authentication_string, 'password') as Binary) = PASSWORD(user) OR CAST(IF(plugin='mysql_native_password', authentication_string, 'password') as Binary) = PASSWORD(UPPER(user)) OR CAST(IF(plugin='mysql_native_password', authentication_string, 'password') as Binary) = PASSWORD(CONCAT(UPPER(LEFT(User, 1)), SUBSTRING(User, 2, LENGTH(User))))
[!!] failed to execute: SELECT CONCAT(user, '@', host) FROM mysql.user WHERE HOST='%'
[!!] There is no basic password file list!

Sorry for delay, appears that you have ran it without specifying credentials.

Thank you. I tried using root user and it worked just fine!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.