Media Tab not showing any upload or media options?

I am using Genesis Framework with the Dynamik Website builder and have not came across any issues with anyone using it together with Buddypress and rtmedia. I recently was using activity plus plugin but then found rtmedia. I think rtmedia is great and there are some add-ons also that I would like to purchase.

The only issue I seem to be having is on the buddypress profile of the user, when they click on the media tab it just shows this. However, from looking all over the internet it appears the link should be showing a upload area.

Is there an addon that must be purchased first before the media upload options appear? Any insight or information on what could possibly be wrong. This is the user account Bill, and under Bill’s profile when Media is clicked it just shows this, nothing else. Thank you for your time and any help you can provide.

"Bill by

@bill active 1 day, 10 hours ago Points balance: 0.00 Test Photo Activity View Cancel FriendshipReport userPublic MessagePrivate Message ActivityProfileNotifications 0Friends 1Bill’s HistorySettingsMedia1 All1Albums1Photos1Videos0Music0 Create an Album Album Title : Create Album Media Gallery Edit Delete original-hechy-logo Load More

Filed Under:"

Hi @bgigirt

No, you don’t any add-on that must be purchased first to media upload appear. I suggest you to always check with WordPress default theme and other plugins disabled for such issues. It might be theme issue or a plugin conflict. Anyway, check this doc: http://docs.rtcamp.com/rtmedia/developers/themes/theme-media-tab.html and apply the solution in your site. Let us know if that helps or not.

Thanks.

hey riteshpatel,

yes if I switch to a default wordpress theme the uploader box appears so it is certainly a problem with the Genesis Framework. I posted a help request up for them on the studiopress forums, its just so strange. Why the uploader would just not show in Genesis I have no idea where to begin. I will check out the solution you posted. Thank you very much for the help. Having bought the Genesis Framework I hope this can work since rtmedia seems to look very nice.

Real quick question regarding the doc you linked to. Does my template name need to go in this section of code

function rtmedia_main_template_include($template, $new_rt_template){ global $wp_query; $wp_query->is_page = true; return get_page_template(); } add_filter(‘rtmedia_main_template_include’, ‘rtmedia_main_template_include’, 20, 2);

With the following code it mentions this also “This will set the theme page.php template as base template for rtMedia. If you wish to make a different template for the same, just use this function locate_template(‘your-custom-template.php’) instead of the function get_page_template() used in the above code.”

Do I need to indicate the Genesis theme I am using in the locate template function line?

Under Genesis Theme Settings

if the Content Archives is set to Display post Excerpts rtmedia plugin will not show the media upload options, if Content Archives within Genesis is set to Display Post Content with Limited Content to 0, it will display the rtmedia media upload option. If featured image is selected in the Genesis Content Archives, this will show up in the rtmedia user profile.

So now I will just leave the content artchives to display post content , 0 characters no featured image.

Hi @bgigirt

Find my answers below to your questions.

You just need to put that code in your theme and check if that works or not for genesis based themes. Some of the themes, default template renders content using the_excerpt function which strip out html tags and hence it shows simple plain text. Generally page template uses the_content function and hence it renders the whole markup.

Yes because post excerpts strip out html tags and hence shows simple text only.

I am glad to know that it’s working fine for you now :slight_smile:

Thanks.