MariaDB Support?

Howdy! Techy question… Upgraded to MariaDB (which sped up site load times by 14%!) and occasionally see this error:

[21-Nov-2014 22:38:42 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 for query SELECT content FROM wp_bp_activity WHERE id =  made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), apply_filters('template_include'), call_user_func_array, RTMediaRouter->template_include, RTMediaTemplate->set_template, RTMediaTemplate->check_return_edit, RTMediaTemplate->save_edit, RTMediaTemplate->save_single_edit

I’m no SQL expert, but you guys are, so perhaps you can tell me if that’s worth worrying about or just ignore it? I’ve had the error for about 2 months now and have ignored it. But I figured I’d finally ask. :smile:

Thanks!

Ben

Oh yea, and this one too:

[21-Nov-2014 22:47:14 UTC] PHP Warning: include(): Filename cannot be empty in /home2/MYSITE/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/template/rt-template-functions.php on line 1832

Hi @illusionsglass,

Do you use BuddyPress? It is checking for associated BuddyPress activity id for that particular media on media edit page and looks like it didn’t get one and throwing this error.

Can you check and tell me on which page you are having that warning message because I can’t reproduce the same on my end.

Yup, the site is fully BuddyPress/rtMedia/ffmpeg. Beyond that, nothing else too special, really. All latest versions.

I went through the error_log and access_logs and could not match up anything that reproduced the error. Remember the web server gets about 500,000 pageviews per day, so matching up things by date and time is actually pretty complex.

Unless there’s a way to make the PHP report better errors (such as referring URL and such) I’m not sure what to do. Quite frankly, it’s not even really a big deal as no members have reported page display errors.

If you have any ideas, I’m all ears, otherwise don’t sweat it :smile:

Ben

The SQL syntax issue will be fixed in future update and we can’t debug PHP Warning: include(): issue unless we can reproduce it again.

Thanks much! If I can provide more info oh the PHP warning, I will, otherwise don’t worry about it.

Ben