--letsencrypt unknown parameter

Hey there,

just wanted to activate ssl for my wordpress multisite (subdom) but the terminal gives me a parameter error : unknown --letsencrypt parameter

what am I doing wrong here?
used: ee site update dev.mydomain.com --letsencrypt

Hello Wicked.

I was having the same problem using ee4.

Browsing the source code, it seems the --letsencrypt option was removed and replaced by --ssl=le.

So, you should run:

ee site update dev.mydomain.com --ssl=le

le = short for let’s encrypt

The only problem is that this doesn’t seem to create the cron job dor updating the certificate automatically.

@fferri thank you so much, that solved my issue for my primary multisite domain.
Could you me if it’s possible to add my other subdoms too in the SSL certificate?

I tried to follow THIS guide but I don’t have the /letsencrypt folder - I think it’s somewhere inside the docker image (I used the easyinstall method and setup a multisite with subdoms).

If it’s not good solution maybe you can help me with a guide or link on how to install SSL certificates for my sites created with wordpress as all the subdom sites are not in the easyengine\site folder and therefore I can’t use the update site --ssl command.

Thank you so much for helping me with that!! :raised_hands::raised_hands:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I tried to follow THIS guide but I don’t have the /letsencrypt folder - I think it’s somewhere inside the docker image (I used the easyinstall method and setup a multisite with subdoms).

The guide you are referring to is for older EasyEngine version - 3.x and will not work for EE4, the current version.

Feature for alias domains will be coming out soon.Ref. Subscribe to EE blog for updates on the release of this feature. It will take care of SSL for all domains. Simply adding a new alias domain will re-create the main SSL certificate of the site with that domain/subdomain appended in it.

For SSL renewals, add the following cron-job: Ref

# Add value of PATH from your system inside crontab.

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
0 0 * * * /usr/local/bin/ee site ssl-renew --all >> /opt/easyengine/logs/cron.log 2>&1