Lets Encrypt change install location

I am using ee update subdomain.site.com --letsencrypt and it is failing. I have installed it on numerous other sub-domains and it is working perfectly. The difference between those sub-domains and this one is that this one is using a deployment tool which uses symlinks. When the letsencrypt update runs, it is failing the challenge with a (2: No such file or directory). Here is the full error:

2016/04/07 08:40:01 [error] 28368#0: *1995394 open() "/var/www/matrix.teenchallenge.cc/current/public/.well-known/acme-challenge/TcnRRdpFmqoP_hokOBqXhgQid2YAyBH_BKqnGZckUNE" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 66.133.109.36, server: matrix.teenchallenge.cc, request: "GET /.well-known/acme-challenge/TcnRRdpFmqoP_hokOBqXhgQid2YAyBH_BKqnGZckUNE HTTP/1.1", host: "matrix.teenchallenge.cc"
2016/04/07 08:40:01 [error] 28368#0: *1995395 open() "/var/www/matrix.teenchallenge.cc/current/public/.well-known/acme-challenge/W1j5AYZCwwzIl67Px12OoJeSLCMpukQWBrhIGin6HJY" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 66.133.109.36, server: matrix.teenchallenge.cc, request: "GET /.well-known/acme-challenge/W1j5AYZCwwzIl67Px12OoJeSLCMpukQWBrhIGin6HJY HTTP/1.1", host: "www.matrix.teenchallenge.cc"

I chowned the folder just in case it didn’t have permission to write in the folder, but it is still failing. Anyone got any ideas as to why this is failing?

p.s. I have an A record for the sub-domain and the www.sub-domain so I’m not thinking it’s a DNS issue.

I think it should be

ee site update subdomain.domain.com --letsencrypt

Your command above missing site

I found out it’s because I changed the folder structure and the root of my site was in… /htdocs/current/public Opposed to just being in htdocs. I had to edit the SSL update from to change the location. It’s not every flexible when a site has a directory structure different from the default.